Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

NatrulyMe

Is it just me, but I think this wash & go looks a lot like a Jheri curl? LMFAO :lol:

Today, would be my first time using As I AM Jelly. Is it possible that the As I Am jelly and or possibly the tea rinse changed my pattern? I am even more confuse about my hair pattern. My natural pattern consists of waves, curls and frizz...smh:nono:

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I am on day 2 of a wash n go with Aunt Jackie's Flaxseed gel. It reminds me of wetline. I need to stop parting my hair in the middle.

NatrulyMe

Question.

Have anyone of you ladies ever tried a wash n go using conditioner and oil only? How did your hair felt and or looked? The reason why I asked is because I think this is the way for me to do my wash n gos (when I cannot purchase KCKT & KCCC) and it will be a good way to show volume. Also, this will just be another alternative for me (instead of using gel--makes my hair look flat). FYI, I know some techniques works better than others just wanted your input if you tried it (especially from those with 3c high porosity hair).

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Question.

Have anyone of you ladies ever tried a wash n go using conditioner and oil only? How did your hair felt and or looked? The reason why I asked is because I think this is the way for me to do my wash n gos (when I cannot purchase KCKT & KCCC) and it will be a good way to show volume. Also, this will just be another alternative for me (instead of using gel--makes my hair look flat). FYI, I know some techniques works better than others just wanted your input if you tried it (especially from those with 3c high porosity hair).
That sounds similar to the Tightly Curly Method.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@Sharpened
@Coilystep

I did not know it was invented by Teri LaFlesh until I googled it. I saw some YT 'ers showing tutorials on it and I thought since I do not like gels that makes my hair crunchy and or flat, (less volume) I could try it to see would it work for me... Because I know I will not be able to spend cash on As I Am Jelly and or KCKT & KCCC often (I am on a budget).
Here is a great video of a conditioner And oil wash N go. I may try this. Although I may try different oil. I don't really care for straight coconut oil.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
@NatrulyMe here are some videos where they use just oil and gel, which is very close to what I do:

The more you do wash and goes, the better they get because the hair is being "trained" where to go. Finger detangling helps maintain the curls as well. Also, hair usually gains volume as each day passes, which is why some prefer second- and third-day hair.

faithVA

@YvetteWithJoy sold me her jar of Mane Choice gel. I used it last night after I did my henna and I think it's a win for me. I was too tired to take a picture last night. I event figured out how to keep he. Urls overnight when my hair is wet so I pulled it towards my crown and bagged and put my bonnet on.

I put it in a puff this morning. My curls are really tight so it was a little tough.

I will try more wash n goes in the spring when I have more length.

20170923_100802.jpg

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
@YvetteWithJoy sold me her jar of Mane Choice gel. I used it last night after I did my henna and I think it's a win for me. I was too tired to take a picture last night. I event figured out how to keep he. Urls overnight when my hair is wet so I pulled it towards my crown and bagged and put my bonnet on.

I put it in a puff this morning. My curls are really tight so it was a little tough.

I will try more wash n goes in the spring when 8 have more length.

View attachment 411499
Your hair and color are so cute! The Mane Choice Orchid Biotin Gel is my fav ATM. I plan to get the 24K-Gold Twisting Gel very soon.