Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
my wash and go today. olive oil eco + oyin hair dew

Joigirl

image.jpg image.jpg It's been cold, damp and rainy in WI, so I am back to my WNGs. They stand up to the humidity better, so my experiment with TOs during the summer is over. I can only imagine what would happen if it was actually hot(as it should be this time of the year!). I did the WNG with Bel Nouvo Avocado and Shea, APB Hair butter and Eco Styler Argan. I also did an intensive protein treatment mid-week because my hair has been a little limp. Looks like she got what she needed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 33

Joigirl

image.jpg I tried a new technique (new to me anyway) last night, along with eliminating the use of a butter in between my leave in and gel. I ended up with ramen noodle curls that I hope will soften up. I usually shingle my hair, but I am not sure that is necessary anymore. My curls seem to separate pretty well on their own which allows me to style in about half the time. I just had to smooth a few tangles.

I used Bel Nouvo Avocado and Shea and Sweet Soul Magic gel. I used too much gel, because my hair dried with a hard cast. I have to remember to use less if I don't use a butter. I want to see if I my hair stays moisturized for at least 4-5 days without a butter in the summer.

SheenaVee

This has been my hair for the week. It's only a one day old wash and go though because I've been co washing almost every night. I normally wash once a week but the sheds that build up after a week are a nightmare so I thought I'd wash a few times a week instead so they won't build up. So far so good!

Also, I've been stretching my hair with the hair drier and I'm so happy because it shows my length. I went a bit overboard with the stretching on a few pieces at the front which is why they're partially blow dried straight.

I also trimmed my hair at the weekend because my ends felt horrible and now they look and feel so much better. I dyed my hair back to dark brown a few weeks ago. I left some red underneath, which was what I used to have before I dyed the whole of it reddish brown.

I did my usual with my wash and go routine except I did it in the shower so my hair was basically soaking wet. I applied coconut oil to my soaking wet hair. I think I used a bit too much but I don't mind because my hair feels so soft and moisturised. Then I put Eco Argan oil gel over it.

Anyway, here's the pic. Lol apologies for the essay. Oh, and excuse the partial side boob I'm in my comfy house clothes :lol:.

Joigirl

This has been my hair for the week. It's only a one day old wash and go though because I've been co washing almost every night. I normally wash once a week but the sheds that build up after a week are a nightmare so I thought I'd wash a few times a week instead so they won't build up. So far so good!

Also, I've been stretching my hair with the hair drier and I'm so happy because it shows my length. I went a bit overboard with the stretching on a few pieces at the front which is why they're partially blow dried straight.

I also trimmed my hair at the weekend because my ends felt horrible and now they look and feel so much better. I dyed my hair back to dark brown a few weeks ago. I left some red underneath, which was what I used to have before I dyed the whole of it reddish brown.

I did my usual with my wash and go routine except I did it in the shower so my hair was basically soaking wet. I applied coconut oil to my soaking wet hair. I think I used a bit too much but I don't mind because my hair feels so soft and moisturised. Then I put Eco Argan oil gel over it.

Anyway, here's the pic. Lol apologies for the essay. Oh, and excuse the partial side boob I'm in my comfy house clothes :lol:.

I've got to try that stretching technique. Your hair looks great!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

Your hair looks super soft! Pretty

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Second day hair, Olive Oil Eco Styler + Alikay Naturals Shea Yogurt. My hair right after waking up lol. Lately I've only been doing my hair twice a week and it makes it a lot easier for me. I've also been applying safflower oil + castor oil (in an applicator bottle) to my scalp after each wash and some areas that were starting to thin are filling in, plus my scalp is less itchy in my crown (my crown has been really itchy these past several months). I feel like my hair is doing really well with this regimen.

Joigirl

There are a lot of forums, but the number of hair related posts are dwindling IMHO. I'm just not that into the Kardashians, so I stay out of those pop culture icon threads as much as I can:abducted:. That's why I love this thread. There are actual pics and engaged participants.:toocool: