Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Guinan

Re-Branding
I frequent almost all the other threads. Sometimes I need a break from talking about hair. However, I have noticed a decline in participation in the hair forums. I have no ideal what that's about. I don't even see newbie intro threads anymore.

I think maybe it's b/c there are so many differences of opinions and the backlash of it is just not worth it to some people. I can even be guilty of that sometimes. However, some people posts the most ridiculous sh*t stirring things; so how can you not expect to get checked:confused:; but some members take the "dragging" a little too far.

And also I think people might be concerned about other sites or people "stealing" photos etc...

Last edited:

GGsKin

^^It wasn't until the search function was down one day, that I took a look back at some threads on pages 1000somethingorother and realised that newbies used to do intro threads. I didn't know that's how we do...sowwy:lol:.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Lol! I am really busy with school and work right now. I've neglected my hair something serious under a weave and my wash n go's don't look good anymore. Plus the forum seems a little dead now or is it just me? Maybe everyone went on vacation. Lol
Lol I'm just messing with you. How's cosmetology school going? The forum is a little slow, seems like a lot of ppl don't post anymore

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Cosmo is going very well. Its harder than I anticipated though but it's fun at the same time. I don't have much time for blogging though
Good! I'm glad you like it! Anything worth doing/having takes hard work. Your blogs are always really good so I look forward to more posts in the future.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I had rewashed my hair 2 days ago and each night bagged in three ponytails. Today took the baggy off, and released the ponytails, shook and going about my business.

I omitted the leave in with the coconut and added Sweet Soul Magic Gel on top. Rainy weather and baggying working hand in hand. I will probably wash tomorrow.

Attachments

• rsz_20150621_105353.jpg
    rsz_20150621_105353.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 37

SheenaVee

Be careful. I was doing that a few years ago cuz I saw so many youtubers doing it but I damaged a section. It's finally to the ends like 3 years later :-( I can't wait until it's fully grown out.

Now I'm scared :(. Would stretching it out using only the cool shot still work? What I do now is when I stretch I give it a blast of hot air then I use the cool shot the rest of the time.

Joigirl

Be careful. I was doing that a few years ago cuz I saw so many youtubers doing it but I damaged a section. It's finally to the ends like 3 years later :-( I can't wait until it's fully grown out.

Thanks for the warning. I definitely don't want to damage my hair to show more length. I only use the cool setting, so it probably would do much but cause frizz.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Now I'm scared :(. Would stretching it out using only the cool shot still work? What I do now is when I stretch I give it a blast of hot air then I use the cool shot the rest of the time.
I'm not sure if cool would work very well. Maybe if you put some tension on it. I found other ways to stretch (pineapple mostly or banding). I just found a lady on YouTube that bands for stretch and her curls are gorgeous! I'll post her video when I can sit down later....running late as usual lol.

Eta.....

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I picked up some carol's daughter for the first time. I got the hair milk original leave-in and hair milk alcohol-free gel. I may try them this weekend. Has anyone used these before?

Guinan

Re-Branding
I thought this was an interesting technique for a wng. I don't think I would do it though due to the direct heat.

OhTall1

I haven't taken any pictures this week, but I seem to be having good results with Ampro Curl Enhancer Curl Activator Gel for Extra Dry Hair. I use it in place of SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I still use a gel for hold on top of is because I read somewhere that curl activating gels don't provide great hold.