Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

GGsKin

Thank you @stephanie75miller. Sometimes I feel a little bothered about my shorter bits. I'm pulling myself out of one of those times right now, but overall my hair feels really good. And I got a compliment on how shiny it was today, so that helps;).

VinaytheMrs

Loving Life
Hair started from and old flat twist style.
Mist with water
Shea butter (praying hands method)
Olive oil Ecostyler (praying hands)
Pulled the back half into a low puff
image.jpg
image.jpg
My bday is tomorrow and I realllly want to blow dry and Bantu knot. Time will tell. A coworker got me huge bottles of shampoo and conditioner anyone heard of this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    977.4 KB · Views: 65

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I started my hair at 954 knowing church starts at 1130.

Luckily ,its not dripping wet as i head out the door. Swapped my rhassoul for the usual bentonite in my clay mask and as usual its just yummy. I have to remember to switch my clays up.

Used Xtreme Wet line and SSM on top. I'll try and upload pictures later in the day. Have a blessed day today!!

Last edited:

SheenaVee

I cut my hair last week and I've basically just been wearing wash and go's everyday. I just do the usual and use my usual products. Loving having shorter hair! Only annoying thing is, with shorter hair it's more difficult to get 2nd, 3rd, 4th day hair. I've been co washing every night or every other night since.

Anyway, here are the pics. The pic of the back was taken the day before the other 2 pics but that was the best back pic I had lol. My hair basically looks the same every time anyway.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
That KCCC is just magic for elongation. It is by far, my favourite gel. I glob some into an empty container and dilute it heavily with water. This way, it dries a little faster and is not so sticky.
I've just gone back to KCKT and KCCC. The definition is great. I also plan to dilute the gel.

Not sure why I never joined this thread. I WnG daily.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Welcome @nothidden :welcome::welcome::welcome: Please post pictures when you can we love all wash n goes. Tell us about your regime.

Thanks for the welcome, @stephanie75miller

As for my regimen:
Cleanse -- If time permits I do a quick clay wash w/Terressentials Mud Wash until I'm back to mixing my own. I work the clay thru until I feel definition. If I don't have time for clay, I just co-wash.
Condition -- I always apply conditioner after clay. I'd been using DevaCurl One Condition for a while, but I'm back to KCKT. Again, I work the product thru until I feel definition. I don't rinse all of it out. This morning I warmed the KCKT, and the definition was great.
Style -- I'll either use DevaCurl's Styling Cream or Light Defining Gel, or KCCC. I try to squeeze as much excess water out after I apply the styler. Otherwise I'm at work with wet hair.

I still don't work in sections, but it is always on my to-do list. My hair is short (less than 6 inches) but thick and really dense in the back, and I'm just not ready to tackle it. I won't be able to get away w/this much longer, though.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Thanks for the welcome, @stephanie75miller

As for my regimen:
Cleanse -- If time permits I do a quick clay wash w/Terressentials Mud Wash until I'm back to mixing my own. I work the clay thru until I feel definition. If I don't have time for clay, I just co-wash.
Condition -- I always apply conditioner after clay. I'd been using DevaCurl One Condition for a while, but I'm back to KCKT. Again, I work the product thru until I feel definition. I don't rinse all of it out. This morning I warmed the KCKT, and the definition was great.
Style -- I'll either use DevaCurl's Styling Cream or Light Defining Gel, or KCCC. I try to squeeze as much excess water out after I apply the styler. Otherwise I'm at work with wet hair.

I still don't work in sections, but it is always on my to-do list. My hair is short (less than 6 inches) but thick and really dense in the back, and I'm just not ready to tackle it. I won't be able to get away w/this much longer, though.
Working in sections has definitely been a must in my regimen. My hair isn't super long but I would get overwhelmed if I didn't work in sections.

MzRhonda

I have not been feeling well the last few days...tooth ache which now needs root canal so been in bed most of the day and have flat hair, lol. I showered and at the end just wet my hands and ran them through my hair to fluff a little bit and was pretty impressed with the outcome.....once I feel better I will try that then add a bit of product to style it.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I have not been feeling well the last few days...tooth ache which now needs root canal so been in bed most of the day and have flat hair, lol. I showered and at the end just wet my hands and ran them through my hair to fluff a little bit and was pretty impressed with the outcome.....once I feel better I will try that then add a bit of product to style it.
Feel better soon.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I had my first, can I touch your hair question from a polish lady today.

It's so ironic because she said, her mother used to tell them curly hair was better, so they would get curly perms but the damage was bad so she stopped eventually . Word for word, she said, " I learned to embrace my natural hair and stopped wishing for hair I would never have. " My mouth dropped.

It was such a relatable topic because it took me a long time to realize my hair doesn't need to be straight to be accepted.

Lol, she was funny because she asked me was my hair my own. She had just learned about fake hair and weaves.
She's came to the US in her teens I think but her accent is thick. I thought I would be offended but our conversation evolved from hair to Christianity.

It was interesting.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Super sick of these last few inches of heat damage. It's a small section and it's finally grown out to the ends (took years). Sometimes I can conceal it but sometimes it hangs there like limp noodles. It's taking all I have not to chop. If I wore my hair curly all the time I wouldn't hesitate but I'll be going back to roller sets in fall so I'm scared it's gonna look like I have a chunk missing. Ugh I want to cut it so bad!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I took my kinky twist out today. I had a lot of shed hair:cry3: but I may just being paranoid. I was also worrying about my edges the whole time. I did my wash n go with as I am curling jelly.

pattyr5

Ok so when I began this challenge in the fall I was gushing over Jan's Carter's curl defining cream. The only reason why I stopped using it was because it made my hair crispy dry on 2nd day. Well, I tried it again an OMG is love, love, love.

This time I paired it with Jurl Junky smoothing leave-in and Shea Moisture curl defining smoothie. My hair so so darn soft and I still have nice definition on day 2 which is always a problem for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 33

pattyr5

@pattyr5 it looks good. Is this the longest you've gone? What did you do different?

Yes, this is the longest I've gone. Usually by day 3 I have to redo my hair or put in a puff. I really have to give you credit though. I was looking at your post from yesterday and thinking that you always had good wash and go's because of where you live. Back in January, when I was down in ATL I had my best wash and go's and you said something about that good Georgia water. But yesterday I really READ your post instead of drooling over your curls and you said you "wet" your hair and I kept thinking about that. In the past I would try to refresh my hair like the girls on Youtube and they always lightly mist their hair. The misting always made my frizz worse and broke down the curl. So today I took a spray bottle and really wet the strands that had gotten frizzy. That reactivated the product and took the frizz down. I think my texture is cottony or spongy (I don't understand the difference) and it causes my hair to stay frizzy if the product is not fresh. But wetting it, like a strong stream of water, gets the product to work like when first applied.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Yes, this is the longest I've gone. Usually by day 3 I have to redo my hair or put in a puff. I really have to give you credit though. I was looking at your post from yesterday and thinking that you always had good wash and go's because of where you live. Back in January, when I was down in ATL I had my best wash and go's and you said something about that good Georgia water. But yesterday I really READ your post instead of drooling over your curls and you said you "wet" your hair and I kept thinking about that. In the past I would try to refresh my hair like the girls on Youtube and they always lightly mist their hair. The misting always made my frizz worse and broke down the curl. So today I took a spray bottle and really wet the strands that had gotten frizzy. That reactivated the product and took the frizz down. I think my texture is cottony or spongy (I don't understand the difference) and it causes my hair to stay frizzy if the product is not fresh. But wetting it, like a strong stream of water, gets the product to work like when first applied.
Glad I could help. Yeah that lightly spraying stuff didn't work for me either and it use to frustrate me that I couldn't get multiple day hair. I really don't know how or why I decided to really wet my hair. I'm just glad I did finally figure it out.

pattyr5

Glad I could help. Yeah that lightly spraying stuff didn't work for me either and it use to frustrate me that I couldn't get multiple day hair. I really don't know how or why I decided to really wet my hair. I'm just glad I did finally figure it out.

I'm glad you did because it never occurred to me to do it. I was just copying you :lachen::lachen::lachen:
That's what is so good about these boards, we can share products or techniques beyond what's on Youtube. I don't know about you but I have yet to find a hair twin or even someone who's hair behaves like mine :bighug: