Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm super lazy with my hair. Once a week is when I style. I smooth water over it in the morning and call it a day until next morning. Weekly washing.

I used a leave in with aloe in it and my hair is extra crispy indoors. Doesnt bother me too much because hair still looks good.

Im totally over stressing over my hair. I don't know if I'll be able to do my hair as I get bigger so I may go into crochet braids in October.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Mahoganycurls has a new video up. Basically talking about her go to combination for a great wash n go. I swear she can use anything. I probably wouldn't use this combo because the three products she's talking about I haven't had the best of luck with these brands. I posted this because it maybe helpful to one of you.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
used the same styling products and hair is hard as can be out and about. I washed before church this morning and then sat in the AC. That always equals hard hair..

The dew points are 63 here today so my hair should feel better than it does but I think its the air thats blowing it thats making it feel hard because now that I am sitting in one spot , its becoming cushy.
20150809_154756.jpg

Last edited:

OhTall1

It's been over two months since I posted a new pic.

View media item 128329
Right now, I'm playing around with DIY curl refresher sprays. I haven't been able to find anything ready made that I like. For the past few weeks, I did a concoction with olive oil, coconut oil, aloe vera juice, glycerine and water. I thought it was okay, but the oil was too much. I ended up with zits on the back of my neck.

Today's refresher spray is some heavily diluted Giovanni leave in, EVOO and some Pink Sugar scented oil.

pattyr5

I haven't. I'm trying to stay away from Shea moisture. I'm usually underwhelmed. That's the real expensive one right?

Yes it was $20 at Sally's and they took $4 off for something. I totally agree with being underwhelmed by Shea Moisture. So far nothing works as advertised but I have to admit their products usually works well with others.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
My hair seems to be getting longer. :toocool:
I'm liking the kinky curly so far this week. I'm going to use it again when I style this weekend with a few tweaks. I was a little heavy handed and had some white in some spots. I like the way it smells, and my hair has movement. It was light and had nice slip. I think I may have another winner on my hands. I will use it a couple of more times to be sure. I checked their website and they have larger sizes available online only that I might be interested in if I continue to like how it performs.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm having problems with my bang area wich has a lot of frizz. As a result I restyled yesterday after an overnight deep condition and that did not help. Yesterday I did like a tuck and roll that I wasn't really happy with. Today I did a weird bin thing that I'm not really feeling either. I plan to clarify this weekend hopefully that helps. The rest of my hair is curling fine. I don't know why my bang area is such a :angeldevil:. I'm thinking of cutting it off at this point even though it's my longest area. It's really pissing me off.

Joigirl

I'm having problems with my bang area wich has a lot of frizz. As a result I restyled yesterday after an overnight deep condition and that did not help. Yesterday I did like a tuck and roll that I wasn't really happy with. Today I did a weird bin thing that I'm not really feeling either. I plan to clarify this weekend hopefully that helps. The rest of my hair is curling fine. I don't know why my bang area is such a :angeldevil:. I'm thinking of cutting it off at this point even though it's my longest area. It's really pissing me off.

Have you tried clarifying and a moderate protein treatment (followed by a moisturizing DC) When my hair is frizzier than normal, this is usually the issue.

pattyr5

My hair has been looking like crap lately so I've just been wearing a puff. But I went to Sally's the other day and bought a cape so i could do my hair in the shower without getting all sticky. I'm not sure if it was the method I used, the products or the tshirt wrapping that I tried but I think today was the best curl clumping ever. My hair is really fine and each clump usually consists of like 3 hairs but today was definitely better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

OhTall1

The other day, someone commented that my hair looked different. I've been wearing my hair up in a puff a lot and this day I was wearing it down, so I thought that was the difference. I checked myself out in the mirror earlier after I did my hair. I think that the 3" of damage that I cut off in the spring grew back! :yahoo:I'll try to remember to take a new pic tomorrow when I get to the office.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Morning ladies. Did protein treatment on Sunday with a package of Palmer's oil treatment never heard of it I saw it when I was at Walmart. It seemed to do the trick my curls in the front are behaving again. I also deep conditioned with my Eden body works deep conditioner after the protein treatment. Here is my hair today after I wet it in the shower.image.jpg

OhTall1

The other day, someone commented that my hair looked different. I've been wearing my hair up in a puff a lot and this day I was wearing it down, so I thought that was the difference. I checked myself out in the mirror earlier after I did my hair. I think that the 3" of damage that I cut off in the spring grew back! :yahoo:I'll try to remember to take a new pic tomorrow when I get to the office.
So here are some comparison shots. It's not all back, but it definitely looks better than it did in April.
Pre-cut in January
View media item 127929Post cut in April
View media item 128212
Today
View media item 128359

Guinan

Re-Branding
Wng using Camille rose curl maker. I love that gel. When I 1st used the gel, I applied too much and it left my hair sticky. Now I only use 3 pumps per section and that seems to work really well. My wng's usually last up to 2wks.

Attachments

• rps20150826_152011.jpg
    rps20150826_152011.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 118
  • rps20150826_152229.jpg
    rps20150826_152229.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Ordered a fingercomber wig. As soon as it arrives, I'm out the Wng game.

I have no effort to do my hair which is so not good. I'm surprised it's some still on my head.