Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Guinan

Re-Branding
I watched a utube video by protective princess about fairy knots and wng. She suggested to keep the curls clumped. I normally pull the curls apart. So I decided to keep the nape clumped but the rest of my hair I fluff up and separate. My nape constantly gets fairyknots

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm still here. I did a wash n go yesterday with DevaCurl's curling cream and ultra defining gel. It did not turn out well. My hair shrunk up something serious and flaked. Today, my scalp is itchy and dry.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm still here. I did a wash n go yesterday with DevaCurl's curling cream and ultra defining gel. It did not turn out well. My hair shrunk up something serious and flaked. Today, my scalp is itchy and dry.

I didnt like deva curl gel either. It flaked on me too. But I love their conditioners.

OhTall1

I went to a Deva stylist yesterday and instead of a cut, I just got a clarifying treatment and a set. Even though I know their technique is a huge part of why my results are always so great (they don't just smooth or rake in product, they massage it in), I still haven't adopted them because they take too darn long! In the amount of time he took to massage in just my leave in, I would've been completely finished (LOC plus gel) and on my way to sit under the dryer.

pattyr5

Have any of you ladies noticed a summer growth spurt? I was trying to convince my cousin to do regular co washing (meaning more than once every week) because I said I believe it helps with growth. Since my head is like a plant and likes to be watered regularly I figure others must be the same. Anyhow I went looking for photo evidence and I was shocked! Look at the difference in my hair between April 13th and August 13!! I really wasn't expecting this. (Excuse the stink face in pics).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 97

Guinan

Re-Branding
Have any of you ladies noticed a summer growth spurt? I was trying to convince my cousin to do regular co washing (meaning more than once every week) because I said I believe it helps with growth. Since my head is like a plant and likes to be watered regularly I figure others must be the same. Anyhow I went looking for photo evidence and I was shocked! Look at the difference in my hair between April 13th and August 13!! I really wasn't expecting this. (Excuse the stink face in pics).

Oh wow!!!!! You can def see you had a growth spurt. So far, I think my hair is growing at average. But I am still working hard at retention. That's where I have the issue.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I went to a Deva stylist yesterday and instead of a cut, I just got a clarifying treatment and a set. Even though I know their technique is a huge part of why my results are always so great (they don't just smooth or rake in product, they massage it in), I still haven't adopted them because they take too darn long! In the amount of time he took to massage in just my leave in, I would've been completely finished (LOC plus gel) and on my way to sit under the dryer.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for the clarifying treatment and a set? When you say a set, do you mean like a roller set?

pattyr5

Oh wow!!!!! You can def see you had a growth spurt. So far, I think my hair is growing at average. But I am still working hard at retention. That's where I have the issue.

Are you seeing small broken hairs? I need to do better with keeping my ends moisturized but so far all of my shed is long.

OhTall1

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for the clarifying treatment and a set? When you say a set, do you mean like a roller set?
It's a curly girl set so shampoo, leave in conditioner, styler, they set your curls and then sit you under the dryer. The set was $60 and the clarifying treatment, which also included a deep condition under the steamer, was another $30. My before and after looked kind of like this, without the facial hair. :lol:

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Here was my hair today I revisited moptop curly custard with moptop bamboo leave in. I like it and I want to purchase again I love the smell of the custard. I love the way my hair looks with this, but it dries a little crunchy. I think I wa a little too heavy handed.image.jpg

ajargon02

That's exactly what happened to me with those products. My hair HATES them.
I now use eith luv naturals conditioner left in for my wng or will use eden bodyworks leave-in then top that with wetline xtreame for more definition.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I picked up a few new products from target. I got the following:
  1. Curls blueberry bliss control jelly
  2. Alikay naturals lemongrass leave in conditioner
  3. Alikay naturals creme brûlée curling delight
  4. Mop top curly hair custard (this is a repurchase). I really need to bite the bullet and purchase this from the moptop website as the offer gallon sizes.
I haven't decided which I'll try 1st. I think I'm leaning toward the curls blueberry one. In the pass I really did like their goddes curls. The only thing lacking with the curls line is they don't have a leave in. I'm hoping it is compatible with one of the leave ins I have. Goddess curls always played nice with leave ins I paired it with. I watched a few YouTube videos and each of the ladies stated it worked with different conditioners. They also tried it by itself with good results.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Hey ladies I had a trim on this past Saturday. I'm missing the extra length in the front; however I feel it was much needed because I kept having those issues with my bangs. My bangs were pretty near perfect all week. My curls have been going boing all week.

Monday image.jpg

Tuesday image.jpg
Thursday image.jpg Friday
image.jpg

bluenvy

One of my favorite threads. All of you have beautiful popping curls, I be like :eek:.
I wanted to like my wng but just couldn't get it right. In another thread a Yt video gave me what I needed for a decent wng.
I dry condition & detangle(which I never do), leave it in for 20 minutes than cowashed it out. LOC water, island oil, miss Jessie's pillow soft curls. Raked in Camille rose curl maker, and loose twists. Heat for 10 minutes, let twists sit in for an hour than unravel.
I did this last night and my hair still looks decent.
Can I join in?
Here's my pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 64

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
One of my favorite threads. All of you have beautiful popping curls, I be like :eek:.
I wanted to like my wng but just couldn't get it right. In another thread a Yt video gave me what I needed for a decent wng.
I dry condition & detangle(which I never do), leave it in for 20 minutes than cowashed it out. LOC water, island oil, miss Jessie's pillow soft curls. Raked in Camille rose curl maker, and loose twists. Heat for 10 minutes, let twists sit in for an hour than unravel.
Can I join in?
Here's my pics
Of course you're welcome here. The more wash n goes you do the better you will get. You may want to apply you products in smaller sections it ensure full coverage, also view some videos on tightly curled method.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Can I join in?
Here's my pics

:welcome:

Guinan

Re-Branding
It's so pretty @pelohello. Are you experiencing any dryness what are you doing combat this If you are

THANKS!! No dryness. I put warm shea butter on my hair almost every morning to soften up the gel and to liven up the curls. I think me using my DC as my leave-in too has been helping with dryness. I use 2 oz of tressume's perfectly undone mixed with 6 oz of water. I apply it in sections and then DC either overnight or for about an hr. After I finish DC, I just apply my gel. My wng's can last for weeks. But I try to wash my hair at least once a week.

eta: my hair only gets dry when I try to use products for blonde hair. ie: toning conditioners.