Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Joigirl

Will everyone be WnGing through the winter? I don't care about going out with damp hair in the cold (doesn't bother me), I see more an issue with the hair canoodling with my coats and DH rubbing up on me with his sweaters and stuff while I resist every urge to push him straight off. Lol.

Does anyone take any measures to protect the hair from rough winterwear? Or is everyone living in a shorts 12 months a year kinda place? :lol:
I live in WI and primarily do WNGs even during the winter. My hair tends to snag on zips and buttons on coats and sweaters are hell on your curls. I've learned the hard way this year that I need to invest in a silk scarf to protect my nape. I have some breakage underneath because of the contact with these materials. I plan to buy a scarf for my coat and one for my job that I can wear when in the office. I've also heard that some woman pin up a flat twist in the nape to protect this area, but I haven't tried it.

Joigirl

Do you have a method to how you cut your layers?

I used one of my favorite Brazilian vlogger's methods. It was super easy, but because my curl pattern is not the same all over my head, I had to cut any weird looking curls after it dried. I like to cut a little less than I think is necessary to account for shrinkage and any mistakes. Her hair reminds me of yours actually.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I used one of my favorite Brazilian vlogger's methods. It was super easy, but because my curl pattern is not the same all over my head, I had to cut any weird looking curls after it dried. I like to cut a little less than I think is necessary to account for shrinkage and any mistakes. Her hair reminds me of yours actually.

Ahhhhh! That's pretty much how I do mine, the ponytail layer cut, except I've never done it on curly hair. Too scared I would cut too much. Yea I love her hair. I always wish I knew what she was saying though! Lol. Her curls are so perfect and bouncy.

Joigirl

Ahhhhh! That's pretty much how I do mine, the ponytail layer cut, except I've never done it on curly hair. Too scared I would cut too much. Yea I love her hair. I always wish I knew what she was saying though! Lol. Her curls are so perfect and bouncy.
I studied abroad there in college so I can understand most of it. Makes it a little easier. Lots of naturals with curls like ours in Brazil.

LavenderMint

Spent the weekend looking through Aketafitgirl and Rachaelcpr videos on YouTube & taking notes.
Tried Rachaelcpr's wet wrap last night. I think my products aren't playing well together (the dreaded white balls) but it's a process. I'm lucky to be tall enough that most people won't notice unless I'm sitting or point it out.
Anyway, here's today's wng.
image.jpg

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I wish my hair could look like that after 8 days.:flahssssss:
It took a lot of practice. It took me about 8 months to achieve multiple day hair. After my bc August 2, 2014 I was literally restyling my hair everyday. Now I'm at the point where I don't even wear a bonnet or scarf when I go to bed. I just sleep on satin pillow case. I don't rewet either (I occasionally rewet if fluffing doesn't work). Just keep practicing and don't give up.

Chazz

It took a lot of practice. It took me about 8 months to achieve multiple day hair. After my bc August 2, 2014 I was literally restyling my hair everyday. Now I'm at the point where I don't even wear a bonnet or scarf when I go to bed. I just sleep on satin pillow case. I don't rewet either (I occasionally rewet if fluffing doesn't work). Just keep practicing and don't give up.
Wow ..... That a goal I will be working on.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Wow, your hair is beautiful. What's your styling technique? Do you shingle?
Yes I shingle. I work in 5 sections. I keep a spray bottle handy with just water in it. I usually start with the back right section. I'll take a smaller section and apply my gel rake it through with my fingers. I work my way forward until I've done my whole head. I like a more defined look so I twirl smaller sections around my finger (I don't have to do this but I think it cuts down on frizz and my style lasts longer). This method also gives my curls a more uniformed look as I have a couple of different textures throughout my hair.

Another thing I've learned is that when I first started I wasn't using near enough product. So working in the sections insures full coverage.

OhTall1

Just came back from vacation and had to resort to a puff for most of the past two weeks. Before I left I found a travel sized bottle of SM curl enhancing smoothie at Sally's and then I forgot to pack it. :fistshake:

I was so happy to get back home and get my wash and go back.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Hey ladies :3 I'm still washing and going but I mostly wear my hair in a bun nowadays.

I tried out a new product today for my wash and go; I used design essentials defining creme gel and I really like it! I cowashed first, deep conditioned, de tangled, then applied the creme gel. My hair feels very moisturized and soft. I like the way it came out. So far so good.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 57

discodumpling

Hi Ladies it's been a minute but I don't have much to share cause my hair is on auto pilot. All I do is wash n go. Just thinking about setting my hair in 8 flat twists for a twist out makes me sweat. It's become routine to wash my hair with my morning shower not because I can't achieve multiple day hair (I can get it up to 5 days) but because i'm addicted to the feel of water on my scalp. No shame.

This is what i'm working with. My photographer caught me mid eye roll sorry y'all! But i'm giving good hair.

The Back:

So she's growing and thriving. It's past SL straight but OMG what a chore straightening my hair has become! It's like 2 hrs lost for me but I shall do it for a New Years event anyway.

I still have trouble spots, but my hair is loving regular amounts of protein reconstructing and protein treatments in general. I use Natures Advantage Honey Almond to cowash and finger detangle and sometimes as a leavein under my Eco Argan. I hardly shed and if I do it's cause I was lax with the protein.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays if I don't get to pop up in here again this year!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hey ladies :3 I'm still washing and going but I mostly wear my hair in a bun nowadays.

I tried out a new product today for my wash and go; I used design essentials defining creme gel and I really like it! I cowashed first, deep conditioned, de tangled, then applied the creme gel. My hair feels very moisturized and soft. I like the way it came out. So far so good.
Your hair is so cute! I wonder if I can get similar results.....

OhTall1

Wow, according to my siggy, it's been three years since I cut off my relaxed ends and ended my transition! And its been almost a year since I stopped doing crochet braids and committed to trying to figure out how to do wash and go's! :)