Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Let my hair air dry naked before applying my products. I was surprised at how defined my naked hair was. And so fluffy and big. I liked it but I know it would only last a day if that. I'll try to take better pics next time I do it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 133

OhTall1

I went straight for a few days. I didn't have any of the right tools -- no setting lotion, no round brush, no moisturizing hair products (everything I had was meant for curl enhancement), no pomade for smoothing down edges. I looked like a mess for most of this week! The one good thing about straightening was that I was able to do a MAJOR S&D on my ends. I still have a lot of mid strand splits. I'm hoping that it's still leftover from the crochet braids that I took out over a year ago, and that I got rid of the rest of the damage.

Back to curly!

GGsKin

Yesterday, I conditioned my hair with a mix of Mill Creek Botaniclas Jojoba, AOWC, and KCKT. Followed with a clay mix of rhassoul, calcium bentonite, sodium bentonite, SAA, steeped hibiscus and marshmallow root, milk and water.
My hair feels strong and moisturised.

Day 2 hair today.2016-01-29_16.39.37.jpg2016-01-29_16.40.03.jpg

BillsBackerz67

I've been MIA for a long time...didn't post cuz I didn't have hair and didn't want to get tempted by you ladies to grow it out any time soon haha Alas I'm starting to grow it out again and have been doing wngs every other day. I shaved it back in July and evened it out twice since then.

In this pic I used Curls blueberry bliss restorative leave in cream with the blueberry bliss jelly.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    993.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

I've really been perfecting my wash and go over these past few months. I can finally say my wash and goes are consistant. They look the same every time I do it and I love that. I've noticed that technique is everything for my perfect wash and go.

3 day old wash and go using tresemme perfectly undone conditioner as styler.

Last edited:

MissMusic

I am also curious about the Eden bodyworks jelly, I want to know how heavy the hold is. I am in the market for new gel's/stylers to try, so What are u ladies currently using/love? and what is the hold level of the product you are using?

Most recently I have used Ampro Olive Oil Gel, Super Wet Gel, and Hello Curly Curl Stimulator for my last three wash n go's. As you can tell, I like variety :spinning:

LavenderMint

Any suggestions for a leave-in that plays well with the clear Eco-Styler? It holds better & dries quicker than KCCC but doesn't play well with KCKT at all. I'm sitting here now drying my hair, hoping the little white things disappear once my hair is completely dry.
Will post a pic tomorrow.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Any suggestions for a leave-in that plays well with the clear Eco-Styler? It holds better & dries quicker than KCCC but doesn't play well with KCKT at all. I'm sitting here now drying my hair, hoping the little white things disappear once my hair is completely dry.
Will post a pic tomorrow.
I don't use ecostyler but whenever I've paired any of my Shea moisture conditioners with a non matching gel it has always played well with other products. No flakes or with balls.

wheezy807

Is there a Spring or Summer Wash n' Go challenge thread around there's parts? I definitely want to join. I plan to learn to master wash n' go's and the maintenence of them.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm back doing wng's. My last one lasted 8 days and still looked good. I was so happy. I didn't take pics but I'm hoping to get the same result with this wash. I just love for my wng's to last a week. It really helps since I don't care about perfect definition as much anymore.

I've vow'd not to fuss with my hair too much this summer even if humidity gets to it because last summer I was co washing a lot more than normal and it's too much manipulation for me.

Be back soon with pics

OhTall1

I don't know who this lady is, but her picture showed up in my Pinterest feed. I'm due to have my ends trimmed next month, and I think this is the shape I want.