Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@kimmiecakes you may need to steer clear of the Cantu and eco. I notice that when I deep condition I have less shedding. So you may want to try that. Also make sure you are working in sections. It forces you to be more thorough and more gentle in my opinion.

kimmiecakes

@stephanie75miller maybe you are right. I don't know but girl I have so many darn products. Like its not even funny. Maybe I will try the deva stuff I have tucked away. Also, I will buy that curl keeper you guys love. I swear this is a bad habit. I have a lot of as I am stuff too and living proof. I wont even begin to list all the stuff I buy. Anyway I appreciate your help. Probably do need to deep cond. How often do you do that?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@kimmiecakes I go through spurts I try to do it at least once a month but will do it weekly. I been doing it weekly for about the last month. I loved as I am early on and I still use it. I loved the way curl keeper made my hair look I didn't like the way it felt though.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
On Monday I brought mane choice detangling conditioner and gel. I should have gotten the leave in but I got the detangler and didn't realize it was a rinse out conditioner until I got home. Oh well at that point I couldn't do anything since it was late and I wasn't going back out. I ended up using it as a leave in. I really like the way it came out. Here is my hair yesterday.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy how are you? I saw you were having a moment over in random thoughts yesterday. I hope it's passed. Please don't give up on your natural hair yet. Especially if a stylist steering you away from chemicals. Maybe take a break and get some braids.

Thanks, Stephanie, for checking on me!

I'm still feeling frustrated. However, yesterday hubby DC'd my hair, detangling and removing shed hairs for me, to give me a break from it. I really appreciate him doing that and telling me not to throw away 3/4 years of work.

I was still pretty dismayed by the time sink: Just ugghh!!!

I like your thought alot: It's probably time for a crochet install, just psychologically. ;)

This means I will need to make up with my old stylist, who I stopped seeing because she rips through my hair. However, she is the best crochet braider alive. :laugh:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I should not keep tearing up about the ladies at this forum, but I do!

I really love and appreciate you guys and will treat you if you're ever in Dallas. Lunch on me!

Thank you so much for the support.

I used to have long, luscious, straightened hair. I'm by myself in my circle with this natural hair thing. Friends, family, in-laws, family members' in-laws . . . they all drop little tells that I look really different without my luscious long look. And I put in at LEAST 10 times as much time on my natural as I did my relaxed hair.

I just need to hang in there and remember that chemicals no longer really work for my hair.

Thanks for the reminders and encouragement. It's helping. A lot.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions

I really love and appreciate you guys and will treat you if you're ever in Dallas. Lunch on me!

I used to have long, luscious, straightened hair. I'm by myself in my circle with this natural hair thing. Friends, family, in-laws, family members' in-laws . . . they all drop little tells that I look really different without my luscious long look. And I put in at LEAST 10 times as much time on my natural as I did my relaxed hair.

I just need to hang in there and remember that chemicals no longer really work for my hair.

My mom's favorite thing to say is "your hair is pretty but I miss your long straight hair.". Now mind you my permed hair never was longer than bra strap which isn't really that long. I don't let it get to me. I love my natural hair and I have a greater appreciation for it than I ever had for my permed hair. The crazy thing about my mom is she hasn't had a perm probably since 99 although she gets hers straighten. She is natural.

kimmiecakes

Girl we all get it. I feel the same way at times without my weave. It becomes a crutch. I agree that braids are a nice break and you deserve a break. Natural hair isn't easy. Your husband is amazing. Be strong

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Girl we all get it. I feel the same way at times without my weave. It becomes a crutch. I agree that braids are a nice break and you deserve a break. Natural hair isn't easy. Your husband is amazing. Be strong
This right here. I was never a weave wearer and I refused to use them during my transition or once I big chopped. I was determined to learn how to do my own hair. I didn't want to rely on a crutch and not know how to handle my hair. For the 1st nine months after my BC I literally did my hair everyday. It was definitely a learning experience. I do get braids with added hair for vacation. I call it my beach hair :lachen:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I transitioned and didn't fully chop until I had hair long enough for a bun. It was still hard. Now that I have a bit more length, I'm playing with twists outs. There are many ways to do them and make them suit your length and face. I'm not brave enough to actually walk outside with WNG hair, but that day will come. That's why I *lurk* here.

You've really just got to learn your hair. It's takes time but it's soooo worth it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
this is week old hair with my current combo of shea moisture raw shea detangler and wet line xtreme gel.

this is the stringy noodley hair i got from defining every curl.

first day hair

2nd day hair

iamyattababe

Love it!! What's your night time routine for keeping it for at least a week?
On Monday I brought mane choice detangling conditioner and gel. I should have gotten the leave in but I got the detangler and didn't realize it was a rinse out conditioner until I got home. Oh well at that point I couldn't do anything since it was late and I wasn't going back out. I ended up using it as a leave in. I really like the way it came out. Here is my hair yesterday.View attachment 373803View attachment 373805View attachment 373807

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Used Cantu Curl Activator and Wetline gel today. My hair is EXTREMELY soft and bouncy with the Cantu even with using the wetline. It feels great but they don't seem like lasting curls. Excuse my bedtime pineapple lol. I'll try to take another pic later when it's down.

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 27

kimmiecakes

Yippie

OK so I think I might be on to something. I have had to cowash daily again since I started working out hard in the mornings again. Today I wore it in a loose bun with a sweatband. I only had to take sweat band off and refuff. I ran a tiny bit of curl activator through it just for kicks. This is a wash and go with eco only. I am gonna also try curl maker next week then the following week a mixture of smooth and shine curl activator get and wetline. So far I cant find wetline in the store. I guess I have to try walmart.

@stephanie75miller your hair looks great. What's your hair type?

kimmiecakes

Used Cantu Curl Activator and Wetline gel today. My hair is EXTREMELY soft and bouncy with the Cantu even with using the wetline. It feels great but they don't seem like lasting curls. Excuse my bedtime pineapple lol. I'll try to take another pic later when it's down.
Is this the Cantu coconut curling cream? I have that in the bathroom lol. If not let me know what the bottle says