No Buy Product Challenge 2011 pt.1

13StepsAhead

Well IMATS is gonna be in NYC in April, and the Makeup Show 2011 in NYC is the one I am going to. IMATS is open to the general public. Big discounts! 40% off MUFE 40% off Stila 30% of Smashbox etc. First time IMATS is gonna be in NYC IMATS Home (International Make-Up Artist Trade Show)

Unfortunately the Makeup Show is not open to the public unless you have makeup artist credentials. I do press for it so that's the only reason why I get in.

Oooo thanks for the info! That's a 20min train ride for me so I will be definitely going to that.

wheezy807

Hmmm....i dunno. I feel like i'll basicly be barely purchasing any products like i am now, right? Hmmm, okay i'm in! I'll be back to put up my list. I have to think hard about this one.

crvlngrhair

I'm in! Sign me up for all 4 legs, here's my staple list:
1.Wen Cleansing Conditioner
2.Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner
3. Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
4. Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil
5. Silicon Mix
6. Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
7. Nexxus Aloxxi
8. Aloe Vera Juice
9. Wen Replenishing Mist
10. Hairfinity Vitamins

Last edited:

Minty

Let's go ladies! I wish you all strong will and determination on this challenge!

Kicking off tomorrow (later today) by using up my Aphogee hard protein.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
So this 1st leg only runs till the end of March? I was thinking it was till the end of April. *whew*

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Post #114 is my updated list. I made my final edit at 3:00am EST (12:00am PST), :lachen:. It's time!

ETA: On my list, I put "Trader Joe's Nourish Spa." I'm referring to the conditioner.

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I've decided I will be focused on giveaways to help me get through :look:. As long as it doesn't require a video response I'm entering :yep:.

Minty

let me go back and check my list.

Finished that aphogee hard protein and will finish the aphogee balancing conditioner too (won't be enough) so I'll use another already opened bottle

1 crumb of Strillnilla
kona mango condish

4 empty bottles.

La Colocha

Ok, what are you all doing to help curb your or take attention away from buying products? Im bored now and some of us know what happens when we are bored.:look:

Anyway, i will go first

read
watch tv
venture in other forums
crotchet
sew
write

ok that is all i can think of for now:look::ohwell:.

JJamiah

Hello Ladies I am feeling great about this challenge tis far :)

I am looking at my stack of conditioners and that keeps me from buying anymore. I am also trying to gift some of my stash of things I don't use. I feel good about this challenge.

Minty

La La I don't know. I told my husband I'm officially "no-buy" so he will hold me to it since I spoke it. I'm also trying not to transfer that into other areas

clothes buying for instance, although I need a new wardrobe for Spring, I think I will wait until the first leg is up to make purchases.

I intend to spend this time decluttering. I want a "free" home so I think that will keep me off the computer and my mind off buying.

I'm also ramping up marketing for this year and adding to my portfolio so I've already planned this year to be a banner year for me.

I hear Chaka Khan in my head...."I'm gonna make my magic shine"

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Ok, what are you all doing to help curb your or take attention away from buying products? Im bored now and some of us know what happens when we are bored.:look:

Anyway, i will go first

read
watch tv
venture in other forums
crotchet
sew
write

I'm doing the first three. I'm also listening to music. I'm also contemplating sending out stuff to some folks using my reliable shipper (my mama :lol:).

LaToya28

Anyway, i will go first

read
watch tv
venture in other forums
crotchet
sew
write

I don't visit hair forums as much as I used to, and when I do log on I definitely do not visit the U1B1 thread or the exchange/swap forum. This is something that I really want to do so it's not too hard...yet.

La Colocha

Yeah to go in the u1b1 you have to be strong, i spend a lot of time there and im fine. Haven't wanted to purchase anything. I think i have already tried everything i wanted to in the last 2 1/2 years anyway:look:.

IslandDiva08

I will be cheering :cheers::rocker:you guys on from the side line......can't do it:lachen::lachen::lachen:But damn the way i am buying stuff right now, i might have to join up in April:yep::yep::yep:

LaToya28

Yeah to go in the u1b1 you have to be strong, i spend a lot of time there and im fine. Haven't wanted to purchase anything. I think i have already tried everything i wanted to in the last 2 1/2 years anyway:look:.

You're right about this! I'm still a lil upset that I didn't get to try BFH, but oh well. I'm not lusting Charz :lol: I'm just sayin.