No Buy Product Challenge 2011 pt.1

That isn't the same as having a ton of products, which I had also, :p
No it isn't cheap but I just chalked it up to spending $30 per week to get a doobie and I stayed within budget :)

It isn't.:look:

Nooooo You didn't have a Ton of products.....:lol:

Just a TON of HAIR:lol:

It isn't.:look:

Nooooo You didn't have a Ton of products.....:lol:

Just a TON of HAIR:lol:

Idare I kid you not my stash wasn't extreme but it was horrid, boxes, closet shelves, bathroom cabinets. I was like GIrl you are out of control. I started giving others, My kids used alot up as well.

I just got to a point of :nono:

Yes :grin: I do have a lot of wigs, which is why I didn't order new ones for my bday :) I was gifted $300 for Wigs but I am opting not to spend it on that and take my Mr. out for my bday. I ordered my last two in December and I am good for a while.

Seriously How many heads do I have LOL! Not enough to have 60 wigs so, I am good. LOL

Doing good here :yep:. I keep track of what I have used up. That helps me. So since the challenge started I have used up 3 products.

Hey ladies, I'm actually doing better than I thought, but tonight will be the real test. I'm going to Taregt and I have a general shopping addiction with Target so I'm going to stay away from the beauty section :crossfingers:. On another note I ordered a grab bag from HV weeks ago as my last bit of product before the challenge started and its finally on it's way, which makes me feel better about not buying anything.

I just ran out of Jojoba Oil...and it's not on my staples list. I thought I had more left.

*cries*

I just ran out of Jojoba Oil...and it's not on my staples list. I thought I had more left.

*cries*
I can also send u some. I have a big bottle that I can spare some from.

This is one of those oils I really don't know how to use and just end up adding to HOTs or DC, but mostly it sits on the shelf. How do you use it?

I am dropping out of this challenge and going to continue on my own personal no-buy until april 1st. Good luck to you all.

I have a ton of oils, I will check when I get home and let you knowbifvibhave any. If I do I will send you some.

I can also send u some. I have a big bottle that I can spare some from.

This is one of those oils I really don't know how to use and just end up adding to HOTs or DC, but mostly it sits on the shelf. How do you use it?

You ladies are too kind! I had 2 bottles, I used up one today (that had about 2oz left in it) when making myself a moisturizer. When I went to reach for the other bottle (it was opaque), it was empty :ohwell:.

Vonnie, I normally mix it with conditioners, butters, or emulsify it w/ water to make my own lotions and hair moisturizers for personal use.

What I need from you:

1. Name
Avaspeaks

2. 1-10 staple products
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In Cream
Neutrogena T Gel
Lusters S Curl
Organic Root Stimulator Carrot Cream
Organic Root Hair Mayo
Aphogee Shampoo
Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor

3. How many legs you are signing up for (1-4)
Legs 1-4

Please add me! I'm ready for a new challenge this year :yep:

Welcome!!!!!!!!

Day 5, so far so good. But I actually haven't been anywhere but to work. The real challenge will come when I wandering the aisles at Target, WalMart or Walgreens on the weekend.:blush:

I need to LEARN TO READ lol...I didnt realize that I could only use 2 passes PER LEG not per month lol...and I didnt realize that the passes were ONLY FOR SALES not for urges lol...dang this is harder than I thought but Im in it...

Last night I returned some conditioners that I bought at ROSS before Christmas and exchanged them for my staples (4 bottles of yes to tomatoes and I got the travel size of the yes to carrots so that I could spend the full amount of my exchange, so I havent BOUGHT anything!)
I have been buying nail polishes everywhere! Ughh gotta stop

I may be adding yes to carrots to my staples list next leg...is it ok if our staples list change for the next leg?

I need to LEARN TO READ lol...I didnt realize that I could only use 2 passes PER LEG not per month lol...and I didnt realize that the passes were ONLY FOR SALES not for urges lol...dang this is harder than I thought but Im in it...

Last night I returned some conditioners that I bought at ROSS before Christmas and exchanged them for my staples (4 bottles of yes to tomatoes and I got the travel size of the yes to carrots so that I could spend the full amount of my exchange, so I havent BOUGHT anything!)
I have been buying nail polishes everywhere! Ughh gotta stop

I may be adding yes to carrots to my staples list next leg...is it ok if our staples list change for the next leg?[/QUOTE]

@ the bolded, I sure hope so because I just tried Hairveda's Moist 24/7 and I my hair absolutely LOVES it.

The great thing about this challenge is actually finding what works for my hair, while getting rid of my stash.

Hey Ladies!!!

I'm doing really well, I went to the BSS with my mom yesterday and I didn't buy a thing ( I didn't even have the urge to buy anything).

I'm noticing that I'm trying to use up all of the products that I don't care for as much or that are more easily accesible (i.e drug store brands) because I want to save all of the "good" stuff for last. I have already used up two bottles of conditioner that were just pushed to the sidelines prior to joining this challenge.

I think I'm going to put some of the money I'm saving towards a gym membership.

How are you all doing so far?

Hey Ladies!!!

I'm doing really well, I went to the BSS with my mom yesterday and I didn't buy a thing ( I didn't even have the urge to buy anything).

I'm noticing that I'm trying to use up all of the products that I don't care for as much or that are more easily accesible (i.e drug store brands) because I want to save all of the "good" stuff for last. I have already used up two bottles of conditioner that were just pushed to the sidelines prior to joining this challenge.

I think I'm going to put some of the money I'm saving towards a gym membership.

How are you all doing so far?

Thats great!!!!!!! I'm going mad lol I can't wait till May 15th when my shopping no-buy will be temporary over so I can spend all of what I saved on Makeup from the Makeup Show and the Bronners Brothers hair show during the 15th, 16th and 17th. I'm also going to buy a ceramic Michael Kors watch which I am really excited for!

I love going to the gym, after recover from my surgery I am going back to the gym 7.5 hours a week and I cannot wait!

Thats great!!!!!!! I'm going mad lol I can't wait till May 15th when my shopping no-buy will be temporary over so I can spend all of what I saved on Makeup from the Makeup Show and the Bronners Brothers hair show during the 15th, 16th and 17th. I'm also going to buy a ceramic Michael Kors watch which I am really excited for!

I love going to the gym, after recover from my surgery I am going back to the gym 7.5 hours a week and I cannot wait!

I'll be at the BB show on the 15th and maybe the 16th during the day (not sure, I'm graduating from grad school that day, so I have to travel back to NY) ; Maybe I'll see you there:grin:

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things with the Gym, when I was in undergrad I would go faithfully and here i am 2.5 years later with very little motivation. I have gained so much weight since I graduated that I'm determined to get back in there and get back to a healthier me.

Ok, so far so good for me. Although looking at everyone's staples list, I keep seeing stuff I want to buy. Anyhoo, I haven't bought anything and haven't really used up anything either. I've been wearing my hair straight since New Year's, although I tried a braidout this weekend. Maybe I'll get to use more in February.

The No Buy is going well for me. I told my friends IRL so that they can hold me accountable. The only urges I've had for buying is eating out.

My hair has been in maintenance mode since the fall so the desire for new products isn't really there. I know the spring/summer will be different. Also the BB show sounds like fun and if I'm off I'd want to go, which means much restraint.

My goals for saving have really kept me focused. It felt good to transfer a large sum of money into my savings account for the pay period. I'm looking forward to doing that every time.

My goals for saving have really kept me focused. It felt good to transfer a large sum of money into my savings account for the pay period. I'm looking forward to doing that every time.

I hear ya on this one. What happens to me is I have a lot of money sitting in my checking account (that I should transfer to savings) which I just spend, spend, and spend. Now I need to save, save, save :yep: !!! Also I get paid 3 times in the months of April and October. I will pay myself a little bit (my mama taught me that :grin:) but essentially those entire checks will go to savings!

I've got 9 grand left in student loans. I have to realize that the savings that I am getting with these enticing sales is being zeroed out by the interest that I have to pay with these loans. I am gonna pay this motha down to save on interest so that the savings I get during sales are actually realized.

Been doing fantastic with my no-buy.

I am taking a pass today to replenish red pimento oil from ayurnaturalbeauty.com. Received an email today that she's finally having her sale.

newbie here!! I would love to join this challenge. I actually decided to do this anyway because I'm the biggest pj and certified shopaholic....lol and needed some control over my spending. I went on this hhj in '09 and have been buying up any and everything, lol....so I'm up for this big time!! :)

newbie here!! I would love to join this challenge. I actually decided to do this anyway because I'm the biggest pj and certified shopaholic....lol and needed some control over my spending. I went on this hhj in '09 and have been buying up any and everything, lol....so I'm up for this big time!! :)

Welcome fellow Jersey Girl:) I too have an overall shopping problem; I have always been a PJ and addicted to clothes/shoes/handbags. Now it's time to save up for bigger and better things.

Back