No Buy Product Challenge 2011 pt.1

Good morning ladies, i made it through the first day and staying strong. Where are the challengers at? Hoping to use up some products and save money for the first leg.

Ok, what are you all doing to help curb your or take attention away from buying products? Im bored now and some of us know what happens when we are bored.:look:

Anyway, i will go first

read
watch tv
venture in other forums
crotchet
sew
write

ok that is all i can think of for now:look::ohwell:.

I'll be focusing on exercising more, reading, and saving money.

Lol I am kinda immune to the B1U1 Thread. haha maybe it's because I start the threads now. lol

Hey ladies the first day was easier than I thought . Last night I started organizing all my hair products and I realized I can do this.

Charz I have a question, if you're purchasing your staples from a vendor and buy something else they're offering would you need to use a pass?

Hey ladies the first day was easier than I thought . Last night I started organizing all my hair products and I realized I can do this.

Charz I have a question, if you're purchasing your staples from a vendor and buy something else they're offering would you need to use a pass?

Everytime I organize my products it reminds me of how much money I have spent within the past year. That alone is a reminder to save my money and use up what I have.

Things I'm doing are:

Working (its been so busy I come home and sleep)
Reading (plenty to read thru)
Watch TV/DVDs
Go out with friends
Clean my apt
Talking to other No Buyers (keep me accountable)
Watch my savings account increase from not buying hair products, clothes, books, DVDs (except when For Colored Girls comes out), and limiting my eating out

This is my comprehensive No Buy. I went on a spending spree in 2010 so now its time to get serious.

Good luck to you all on your no buy challenge

I was wondering what do you plan to do with the money that you have saved? Do you have plans to treat yourself to anything specific be it hair related or not?

I ordered product from Brigh/tonBea/utysupply on the 20th. They still hadn't shipped my order so I called today. It's on backorder. I cancelled the order and rec'vd a refund.

I made a leave-in spray with

Alaffia Shea & Coconut lotion leave in
Rosewater
Aloe
Rice Bran oil
rosemary extract
amber extract
hibiscus extract
preservative
1/2 vial Kerastase OleoFusion

I put it in a used up Nexxus Humectress Leave-in spray bottle - this bottle has the finest mister I've used.

no I didn't plan on treating myself with anything special. I guess my treat will be having a house with less stuff.

I was wondering what do you plan to do with the money that you have saved? Do you have plans to treat yourself to anything specific be it hair related or not?

I agree with Hibiyah I did this more or less last year with my products and It just felt good to use things up. This year I am buying even less (which means nada) LOL, I basically won't be shopping until Black Friday, so That is why I wanted 3 legs.

I will not be doing anything special :)

What I need from you:

1. Name
Avaspeaks

2. 1-10 staple products
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In Cream
Neutrogena T Gel
Lusters S Curl
Organic Root Stimulator Carrot Cream
Organic Root Hair Mayo
Aphogee Shampoo
Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor

3. How many legs you are signing up for (1-4)
Legs 1-4

Please add me! I'm ready for a new challenge this year :yep:

Well,I'm not planning to buy myself anything special; however, I'm saving up to buy a house. I guess you can say knowing that I'm a little closer to buying my house is my "treat".

I agree with Hibiyah I did this more or less last year with my products and It just felt good to use things up. This year I am buying even less (which means nada) LOL, I basically won't be shopping until Black Friday, so That is why I wanted 3 legs.

That's a good idea, I plan to do all of my shopping on BF and at the BB hair show.

Things to do with Extra $$$

1. I'm praying about buying a house. Many 2nd, 3rd, 4th thoughts about this.
2. I'm going to visit my family in Kenya.
3. Increase my savings account & invest (safely).
4. Be proud that I saved money.

Thanks rosa, i have opened a few more accounts for different savings and at the end of the challenge i am going to purchase 2 bank cd's for investing.

added pomegranate seed oil to that leave in.

Think I going to do my own daily co-wash challenge type deal, add my leave-in/seal and bun.

I'm leaving my hair alone for winter.

y'all I'm shaking...ready to press submit!

I really wanted to try the Sweet Ambrosia in Hibiscus at KBB. Somebody tell me it stinks please!!!!

y'all I'm shaking...ready to press submit!

I really wanted to try the Sweet Ambrosia in Hibiscus at KBB. Somebody tell me it stinks please!!!!

Do NOT PRESS THE BUTTON DO NOT; It stinks (honestly I don't know; I have never smelled it) DON'T PRess the SUBMIT back away Back Away!

I'm thinking I could use a pass...but there is no sale...so this will not work either!

Somebody please tell me they have a sample of it!

^^^ go look at your stash and see if something can be improvise something else to use in the same manner or maybe you can mix two things to get the same outcome :)

I'm thinking I could use a pass...but there is no sale...so this will not work either!

Somebody please tell me they have a sample of it!

I don't have a sample, but put away the credit card and backaway from the KBB site. Think about how much money you will save in the long run and how much product you ALREADY have.... What if you don't even like it then you used a pass for nothing:grin:

Girl....Stop Playin' You may not have bought any HAIR Products...But you were buying Wigs, Lacefronts and Ponies out the Ying-Yang......:lol: :lol: :lol:.........:look:

And that Ain't Cheap.:rolleyes:

Oooops! I forgot...I'm not even in this challenge:lol:

Girl....Stop Playin' You may not have bought any HAIR Products...But you were buying Wigs, Lacefronts and Ponies out the Ying-Yang......:lol: :lol: :lol:.........:look:

And that Ain't Cheap.:rolleyes:

Oooops! I forgot...I'm not even in this challenge:lol:

That isn't the same as having a ton of products, which I had also, :p
No it isn't cheap but I just chalked it up to spending $30 per week to get a doobie and I stayed within budget :)

I also kept all my used up products containers in a box so that at the end of the year I could see what I used up, and I filled up a shopping bag and a half of products :)

I still have a 4 nexxus LOL

Back