Spinoff: Do YOU Consider Yourself Short, Medium, Long, or Extra Long Haired?

What do YOU consider YOURSELF?

• It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a short haired lady!

Votes: 70 28.0%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a medium haired lady!

Votes: 131 52.4%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a long haired lady!!!

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • I have extra long hair-Whether I want to admit it or not...

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Other- Please explain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet'

Hi Ladies,

With the recently resurrected thread, "medium to long-haired ladies, what's your washing routine?" AND with my own recent admittance of hairnorexia, I was just wondering, what do YOU PERSONALLY consider yourself (regarding the definition of your hair)?

I'll go first, I can honestly claim BSB because I'm still a few hairs away from touching my Bra Strap (even though I've been told that it sits low). I consider myself a "medium haired lady"...I thought that the closer that I got to my initial goal of BSL, I would feel like my hair was long, but um- NOPE!

What about you? What length are you right now and what do YOU consider YOURSELF? I know that this is subjective and that's why I'm interested to know...

LaFemmeNaturelle

I really wanted to say short but I don't want to seem ungrateful for what I have. I'm about mbl or maybe an inch away but I still feel short because I'm always lurking in the HL thread....but I chose medium.

Charlie555

My hair is around 1/4" above APL and I consider that medium length because its longer then when I started (SL) but not at my final goal lenght (BSL).

africanqueen456

I wud say medium just becuase I havent passed shouldr length since I was like 8...:perplexed even though I am just touching apl for the 2nd time:wallbash:

LadyRaider

I guess I have the opposite of hair-rexia. I think my hair is on the short to mid side of medium. I know short hair and the cool things you can do with it. My hair is no longer short, and I don't care what you people calling hair halfway down your back consider your hair.

Out on the internet and away from this secluded coven, "medium" length hair is seems to be classified between shoulder length and apl.

Here are some "hairstyles for medium length hair" websites:

http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/medium/

http://beauty.about.com/od/photosmediumhairstyles/Medium_Hairstyles_Photos_Instructions_How_Tos.htm

http://www.hair-styles.org/medium-length-hairstyles-01.html

Here is a collection of "short hair" hairstyles. My hair is longer than 99.5 percent of the photos shown.

http://www.google.com/search?q=hairstyles+for+short+hair&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Boo-ya, you 'rexics! :)

(I hope I didn't offend anyone. Just justifying my vote. I know short hair. Short hair is a friend of mine, and Lady Raider, after a year of work, you do NOT have short hair. )

Last edited:

LadyRaider

Once you get long hair... you can have even longer hair. It doesn't have to move the bar for everyone else. A man who is 6'4 is tall. Just because he stands beside a 7' basketball player doesn't mean he is suddenly "average height."

LaFemmeNaturelle

Well this is all about how WE personally feel about our hair. Not how society would look at us. So I'm 5'6. If I stand next to my 4'11 sister in law, I feel like a giant. If I stand next to my 6'0 tall aunts and cousin, I feel short.....so I think my hair is short when all I do is stare at long haired women all day....even irl, everyone has mbl and wl weaves around here and I feel bald because my braidouts come to apl lol......you can't try to explain things to insane people which I obviously am lol

nikolite

I'm skirting APL now after (a trim of some see-through ends) and consider myself medium-length. I think BSL or MBL is long.

I'm nearly 6 feet, but I get the feeling if my hair was on a 4'11 woman, it'd be considered long, LOL. Ah well.

I agree with you LaFemme, with all the long MBL weave these days, its hard to tell what the average or medium length really is anymore. So many women around me where these and my hair starts to feel a little short (especially since I rarely actually wear it down at its full length). But I know if everyone wore their real hair out all at once, my hair would feel medium to long.

Its all subjective.

Last edited:

lovelexi

Well in the real world...i would consider myself to have medium length hair. APL would be long hair to me in the real world. At least among my african american peers. On hair boards im bald! :lol: As soon as I joined hair boards I realized that I actually have short hair.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i am apl. i consider myself medium length.

but apl USED to be my goal when i wanted long hair and started my hh journey.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Well in the real world...i would consider myself to have medium length hair. APL would be long hair to me in the real world. At least among my african american peers. On hair boards im bald! :lol: As soon as I joined hair boards I realized that I actually have short hair.

i feel u....this is me too.

i used think i was rapunzel when i had shoulder length.:grin:

maxineshaw

I'm about shoulder length, and I consider my hair medium length. To me, between shoulder and APL is medium. Beyond that is long. Before shoulder length is short.

MariposaSexyGirl

Hmm I think my hair is long but on the way to extremely long. I really think extremely long hair happens when you start using your lower body to measure your hair lol. So I think I'm in between.

Triniwegian

I'd consider my hair to be short/medium. I am APL, which most people IRL would consider long-ish, but I don't consider that to be long hair. BSL is long to me.

bimtheduck

I'm BSB but I consider myself medium length. I think I'll feel like I have long hair when I'm at a full U shaped MBL. So in a year maybe.

Latomian

I say short just b/c I only have two definitions of hair length: Short and Long. I'll probably switch to long once I get to MBL...but likely not

Imani

Even tho I've been on the forum for a while, I still have the same view of hair length that I did irl. My hair is short now. When I make full sl I will consider it medium length. And apl will be long. I haven't thought beyond that since that's my final goal. But I imagine anything past bsl would be really long

Janet'

I guess I have the opposite of hair-rexia. I think my hair is on the short to mid side of medium. I know short hair and the cool things you can do with it. My hair is no longer short, and I don't care what you people calling hair halfway down your back consider your hair.

Out on the internet and away from this secluded coven, "medium" length hair is seems to be classified between shoulder length and apl.

Here are some "hairstyles for medium length hair" websites:

http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/medium/

http://beauty.about.com/od/photosmediumhairstyles/Medium_Hairstyles_Photos_Instructions_How_Tos.htm

http://www.hair-styles.org/medium-length-hairstyles-01.html

Here is a collection of "short hair" hairstyles. My hair is longer than 99.5 percent of the photos shown.

http://www.google.com/search?q=hairstyles+for+short+hair&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Boo-ya, you 'rexics! :)

(I hope I didn't offend anyone. Just justifying my vote. I know short hair. Short hair is a friend of mine, and Lady Raider, after a year of work, you do NOT have short hair. )

LOL!!! Well, I AM Hairnorexic and you didn't offend me! That's why I created the thread to see what each person personally thought of themselves and their own hair length...I love it!