Spinoff: Do YOU Consider Yourself Short, Medium, Long, or Extra Long Haired?

What do YOU consider YOURSELF?

• It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a short haired lady!

Votes: 70 28.0%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a medium haired lady!

Votes: 131 52.4%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a long haired lady!!!

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • I have extra long hair-Whether I want to admit it or not...

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Other- Please explain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fivetimestwo

I voted for medium-haired (APL). Before joining LHCF I would've probably said my hair was long, but seeing all the waistlength and beyond hair around here, I have a serious case of hair anorexia. :yep:

ChristmasCarol

I'm BSB but not full BSL, so I'll say medium length. When I get to MBL, I'll consider that the beginning of long hair. Of course, I may change my mind about that when I get there, lol.

cmw45

I'm finally full APL...I would consider myself to have medium length hair. It's not short but it's not really long either. :/

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My hair is hovering around (and a few strands slightly past) shoulder length and I consider my hair short.

Missjae09

I'm definitely short haired... but I'm on my way to being medium then maybe... in a land far far away I'll be long! lol

JJamiah

I feel my hair is short :look: I am between BSL and MBL and I feel at MBL it will be Medium and WL will be long and anything beyond that is extra :D

SimpleKomplexity

Until I get to MBL I'll be a medium haired lady. I'm APL right now, but I'm inching closer and closer. I just feel it. By December BSL is mine

LovelyNaps26

my hair is apl but in its natural state it is shoulder length and above so my hair feels short. i think my hair will feel long when i can wear it in a natural style (i.e braid out) and it reaches apl. i think i'd have to be about mbl for that to happen.

NikkiGirl

I am BSL, getting close to MBL. I think my hair is long. I won't consider it extra long until it is waist length.

aa9746

My honest answer is my hair feels medium when I'm on the hairboard and long in my everyday real life.

ETA: voted medium on poll

Last edited:

NikkiGirl

Same here, I always thought of medium length hair as shoulder length, and long hair as APL or longer. Though, of course on LHCF the scale completely changes, lol.

I agree, It might not seem long dependent upon the person and their individual thoughts on hair, but I go with what is traditional. Above shoulder is short, shoulder to above APl is medium. APL,BSL, MBL are long, and anything else is extra long. :grin:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm bsl and consider myself medium length. I think long is full mbl to hl and xtra long is hl+.

Nasdaq_Diva

I consider myself smedium lol. I'm APL. I don't feel my hair is long at all (especially amongst the members here) but I no longer feel that it is too short either. It's smedium to me now.

Aireen

I'm APL and I consider my hair VERY short even when other people say, "OH! Your hair's so long!" I guess I'm not grateful at all because I started my journey at SL but always desired to start at chin length and I want to get to WL NOOOOOWW. :look:

FroFab

I have BSL hair and consider myself to be a medium-haired lady. Maybe once I straighten it I'll feel differently but for now that's what it is. For horizontal growth however, I AM rocking a BAA.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
can i say something to all my BSB/BSL sisters in the struggle.....?

YALL HAVE LONG HAIR! (SAID IN LOVE)

ok....rant over. :)

orchidgirl

I'm grazing tailbone right now ..but I consider that long and not extra long...its just what you view as long..i guess