Spinoff: Do YOU Consider Yourself Short, Medium, Long, or Extra Long Haired?

What do YOU consider YOURSELF?

• It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a short haired lady!

Votes: 70 28.0%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a medium haired lady!

Votes: 131 52.4%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a long haired lady!!!

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • I have extra long hair-Whether I want to admit it or not...

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Other- Please explain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loulou82

I consider my hair "medium" length (past APL but not BSB). I'm waiting on "long" hair though which is MBL to me.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I voted short. My hair is APL, and I thought it'd feel longer and more flowy, but it really doesn't. It feels like SL. Maybe because of my height and body proportions. :(

So for me, it goes:
EL - NL: Very short
SL-APL: Short
BSL - MBL: Medium
WL-HL: Long
TBL+ : Very long

drappedup

To me, SL and shorter is considered short hair. I have SL now unstraightened (I've only been avoiding heat since Feb soooo not time to straighten yet), and I consider that to be short hair. Maybe I'm refusing to except SL as medium hair. I just don't think it is, really. Medium I see as about BS or AP length. Then beyond that is long hair. SL is nothing special to me, so I consider myself to be short haired. I don't care what google images show, short hair is shoulder length!

/stubborn

Last edited:

davisbr88

I'm about shoulder length, and I consider my hair medium length. To me, between shoulder and APL is medium. Beyond that is long. Before shoulder length is short.

I mostly agree with this, except I don't consider SL medium. I think a little below shoulder length to APL is medium. I'm about APL (ignore my siggy... hasn't been updated) and I used to think that was sooooo long, but now I'm like.... eh. I think longer than APL is long, and longer than MBL is extra-extra-long. I won't even get into HL and beyond.... that's CRAZY-long to me!

Last edited:

Whimsy

It's funny cuz I know I'm waist length when stretched but every day I see myself and my hair is just falling around my shoulders, so on a day to day basis I FEEL like a shoulder length "medium haired lady"

It's not till I"m washing it when it hangs down my back or manipulating it or straightening it, when I remember I'm waist length and a "long haired lady"

I voted long hair for my actual length versus the apparent length.

Faux

Medium I guess... But I feel that it is short. I'm <1" from BSL (siggy pic is not recent lol!). When I hit MBL I may consider it long.

supermodelsonya

Shorter than SL--Short

SL-APL--Medium

APL+--Long

I think if you suffer from hairnorexia, it would be hard for that person to make an accurate choice on what is really long to them. For anyone to think WSL is short or medium is actually hilarious to me.

Wildkat08

When I first joined LHCF my goal was BSL (I was a lil past SL) I'm full BSL and close to MBL now, but not excited about. Happy and thankful for great progress, yes, but not "excited" WL is the only thing I think will excite me now. I'm looking for that moment when I rollerset and pull my hair towards the front and it hangs below the girls w/ ease w/ curls and all.

NaturalPath

I always say that it depends on texture and shrinkage.

I am fine haired, BSL and I consider my hair between short and medium. If my hair was thick at the same length then I would consider it between medium and long.

Now because I have shrinkage thats why I consider my hair short...I rarely straighten it so I dont have the luxury of considering my hair long.

I probably wont consider my hair long until it gets BSL unstretched which would make it relatively hip length stretched.

AimWard

If I were to straighten my hair I would be considered long (I'm somewhere between mbl and wsl). when curly, I consider myself medium (I'm somewhere between sl and apl depending on the weather and products I use)

kandiekj100

My hair, stretched, is a little past shoulder length, and unstretched, necklength. I consider my hair short.

Traycee

I have HL hair... I consider my hair to be long.. Anything from BSL on down is long to me..I think extra long hair is TL and beyond..hahaha

shasha8685

My hair has been short before and where I'm at now definitely isn't it. I consider my hair to be medium length.

e.lauren

I say I am medium hair length My hair sits on my shoulders when straightened. I won't consider my hair long until it sits on my shoulders in its natural state CURLY AS ALL HECK lol. Sooo I have a long way to go cuz my shrinkage IS the business

DMJ's Mom

Because I can twist my natural hair up into a decent sized bun without combing it or blow drying it. And its beyond the minimum length to donate for locks of love I consider my hair long. anything past BSL for me would be extra long