Spinoff: Do YOU Consider Yourself Short, Medium, Long, or Extra Long Haired?

What do YOU consider YOURSELF?

• It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a short haired lady!

Votes: 70 28.0%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a medium haired lady!

Votes: 131 52.4%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a long haired lady!!!

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • I have extra long hair-Whether I want to admit it or not...

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Other- Please explain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet'

I'm so glad that I'm not the only BSB/BSL girlie who thinks of my hair as medium length...So, does that mean that we have hairnorexia, lol?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
My hair is considered long in terms of the actual definition, but compare to ladies here on the hair board my hair is "average" length IMO

Ms.Christ3n

I chose short haired. Although I've passed APL I still feel like my hair is short. It will be medium when it is BSL and long when it is MBL.

In the black community, I guess my hair would be considered medium or long....but I was looking at all women's hair lengths and what I consider to be long.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I am full MBL but touching WL so I guess that's long. I think HL is the beginning of extra long hair. By the time you hit TBL and beyond, well...:drunk:

lovegymnasts

I think whether you feel your hair is long or not also has to do with if you are natural or not.
I think I will always have a hard time thinking of my hair as long because of the shrinkage. With shrinkage my hair, even when it is soaking and dripping wet, is always above or a little past shoulder length. Stretching my hair does not make much of a long term difference in my mind because as soon as I let go of the hair, it is back to my shoulders.
I'll probably fall over in a dead faint, due to shock, the first time I straighten my hair and see it's actual length.

Goombay_Summer

I'm MBL, before LHCF I would have said that my hair was long now I'm more conservative about what hair length constitutes long hair.

Quailbird

I consider myself medium length. I may consider my hair long when it's full waistlength. I think the fact that I wear my hair in a curly state a majority of the time attributes to my feelings.

teacherjess

2 or 3 years ago prior to LHCF I would have considered myself medium to long at this stage (even though I'm just a solid SL). Now I am definitely short haired! After seeing the beautiful heads on this board, I have a long long way to go to get to "long haired" LOL

WorkInProgress88

APL and i would say im medium but it still feels too short for me, when i first started my journey i said i would be satisfied with APL but no, i need MBL hair now

Katherina

Almost BSL here (LOL I ain't sayin APL cuz that was 2.5-3 inches ago!). I usually wear my hair in twistouts or braidouts (they're SL), so I would say medium.

Dee Raven

I'm MBL about an inch from WL and I consider myself to be medium. To me long is closer to hip length and extra long is past tailbone.

Dragon_Of_Vaeros

I'm a few inches past waist length, but I consider my hair to be medium length.

When it reaches TB length and a bit thicker, then I will consider it long.

Last edited:

brg240

My hair is wl and I realize people consider my hair is long but when I look it think can't wait til it's long. I am also am a sufferer of hairnorexia. When I reach hl then I'll think it's long.

that said when I see other women with bsl(or full apl)& longer length hair I'll think 'oh wow their hair is so long' :love2:

Last edited:

mstk

I think I am around APL, but I'm waiting until fall to straighten again. I would consider myself medium haired. The threshold for long hair for me is BSL, but I think my ultimate goal is MBL fully texlaxed.

kittikat24

I voted Medium, since I'm apl unstretched.
But, I can see why IRL ppl call my hair "long" when its in huge buns/bantu knot outs, I believe the thickness has alot to do w/ it, rather than the length.

When my hair is FULL BSL chasing MBL, that's when I'll consider myself w/ long hair.

iri9109

im sure there's no discrepancy that my hair is short lol but when i had relaxed hair my hair was about just below shoulder length and everyone always said i had long hair & i always thought it was short...i consider apl hair long, but if/when i get to apl, i'll probably consider that medium length...any thing BSL and beyond is long hair to me...WL is extra long

Sasha299

Stretched, my hair reaches APL but its short because most of the time its not stretched and its BARELY neck length.