Summer 2010 Growth Challenge

honeybearmommy32

Sign me up!

I'll continue Mizani shampoo & conditioners, fermodyl 233 as my leave in.
3000mg Biotin
Rogaine on the bang area bcuz it grows the slowest & the worst! Receeding hairlines are hereditary in my family.

wash & blow dry weekly, satin bonnet daily.

Minimal CHI, only to shape the bang around my face.

Im currently in 18th mnth since original chop.

will post length & pic last week in May.

Let the games begin!!:bouncegre

cutenss

Me too :woot: Me too :yay: I like being in challenges :look: Will post stats and pics before the official start date. :yep:

Ms.Christ3n

Add me! Add me!

1. Post a starting picture by the last week of May. If you're getting a sew in or braids please post a pic before then.
I will post a picture at the end of May.
2. State number of inches and body measurement mark of your longest layer of hair. So if the hair along your nape is 10" and reaches APL state so.
My hair is now 7 inches ( I measure from the base of my nape ). It is APL.
3. Mention your Regimen. This includes wash routines, staple products, vitamins and how you plan to wear your hair during the summer. I'm not placing restrictions. If you want to flat iron your hair everyday and change the color every week that's on you. However, don't feel bad if others are two inches longer and you're two inches shorter.
I will be doing wash-n-go's all throughout the summer. Cowashing daily will help me feel cool and fresh in the scorching Florida weather. I'll be using Suave conditioners and Garnier Sleek & Shine Leave In. I will also be using my oils (Walnut, Sweet Almond, Avocado, Hempseed, Castor, Coconut, and Olive) to seal. And my good 'ole trust EcoStyler
4. Also, mention if you're relaxed or natural. I don't think hair type is important but you can mention it if you want to.
I am natural. 3c/4a
5. Lastly, if you come to any hair epiphanies over the summer, please do share
Will do!

Last edited:

4evershika

I'm in!! I'll be back later with all my info!

MY REGIMEN

Shampoo 1x biweekly
Co-wash 1-3 times weekly (1x weekly in braids)
DC 2x weekly (once w/ protein) (1 x weekly in braids)
M&S daily
Baggy ponytail at least 3 nights a week
Black Tea Rinse 1x a week
NO DIRECT heat
Regular roller-setting
Low manipulation/Protective Styles 100% of the time
HSN Vitamins DAILY... no skip days.
Nightly Scalp Massages
Rinse w/ Roux PC 1x biweekly (on shampoo day)
Juice occasionally (lol)

***Will be PSing w/ braids and half-wigs throughout challenge***

Attachments

• 05272010.jpg
    05272010.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Whimsy

I am SO In!!!

My summer hair plans are:

moisturize daily
cowash frequently
wrap hair nightly
DC weekly
protective style on days i have no auditions
do a light self dusting ::gulp::

My plans for growth are:

drink lots of water
start taking a multivitamin again
eat healthy and increase protein
workout regularly and increase cardio

Staple products:

well, for cowashing it's vo5 moisture milks
DCs are anything, i try a lot and still havent found my holy grail
Moisturizers, Cantu and coconut oil, elasta qp mango butter n coconut oil

I'm almost waistlength now, I want to be full waist length by the time this challenge is over!

Last edited:

exubah

Please add me to the list. I'll post starting pic, measurements and regi by the end of May.

LovelyNaps26

keep it coming ladies. i decided to dust the ends of my 2 strand twists so now i feel ready for challenge come june. APL here i come :grin:

soon2bsl

1. Starting pics attached below.

2. State number of inches and body measurement mark of your longest layer of hair. So if the hair along your nape is 10" and reaches APL state so.

I just made BSL (as of the end of May 2010..pic below taken May 30th, 2010).

3. Mention your Regimen. This includes wash routines, staple products, vitamins and how you plan to wear your hair during the summer.

I will be in protective styles most of the summer with crochets. I just took them out on Sunday after having them in for four weeks, and will get them done in a couple more weeks. When I'm not in crochets I'll be doing buns, phony phonies, half wigs, twist out/bantu knot outs and just wearing my hair up in a clip.

Regimen:
-While in crochets I shampoo as needed (1 time a week or every other week) with Cream of Nature. If I don't shampoo for 2 weeks, I'll do an ACV rinse a week after I shampoo.
-I DC 1x a week with ORS mixed with EVOO and EVCO.
-Moisturize daily with spritz bottle, that consists of NTM/water mix. Sometimes VO5/water mix. Seal with Cocount oil.
-No direct heat
-Take Be Whole Multi-vitamins from GNC. (Trying to be in a routine of taking those twice daily.) Drink lots of water.
While not in crochets, same regi applies, but I'll do a co-wash a couple times a week with VO5 Moisture Milk.

4. Also, mention if you're relaxed or natural.

I am doing a long term transition to natural. I'm 11 months post (49 weeks post).

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

drappedup

Can I join?!

Also.... "Time Frame
June 1, 2010 -- September 1, 2010
(yes, I know summer isn't technically over 'til late September but the weather gets cooler before then)."

Not in Arizona, lol! I just had to express my bitterness about the heat here. ^__^

grow

thanks for adding me, LovelyNaps26!

1. Post a starting picture by the last week of May.
i'm presently working on getting a picture ready.

this one is tough because i'm 14 wks post and havent measured for the obvious reasons.
i WILL be doing a touch up in the next 2-3 wks, though, so i should have something more accurate than anything i would measure now, by then.

3. Mention your Regimen. This includes wash routines, staple products, vitamins and how you plan to wear your hair during the summer.
i'm cowashing 3-7 times a week. i'm using HE HH, HE LTR, HE Hydraliscious, Neaclear Liquid Oxygen, AO HSR, AO GPB, Mega Tek Rebuilder, Mega Tek Cream Rinse, Jhirmack EFA Moisturizing Conditioner, Jane Carter Nutrient Replenisihing Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner, Phyto 7 Daily Hydrating Botanical Cream, Chi Keratin Mist, Joico K-Pak Reconstructor, John Masters Organics Deep Follicle Treatment, John Masters Herbal Cider Hair Clarifier, Vitale Revive Positive Conditioner, Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-In Conditioner.
My staples are in BOLD PRINT.
i plan to mostly baggy bun, wearing my hair out no more than twice a week.
i take: biotin, chlorella, spirulina, multi hair vitamin, garlic supplements and avc with aloe vera in a glass of water with horsetail extract daily.

4. Also, mention if you're relaxed or natural.
i am texlaxed as of January 14th, 2010; before that i always had permed bone straight.
(no more of that!)

5. Lastly, if you come to any hair epiphanies over the summer, please do share.
i hope to have some to share!

divastyle2010

Hi, I have been a avid lurker of the hair care boards and I am a newbie lol! I just paid for my subscription today, i'm new to this, I would like to join the challenge, I believe I am about neck length but I am unsure about how to post pics, and if i could have some help with this whole thing that would be great!:lachen:i hate that im a little confused maybe all the way, but hello to all, and I am so glad to finally be a member..:spinning:

ProjectWLhair

Hi, I have been a avid lurker of the hair care boards and I am a newbie lol! I just paid for my subscription today, i'm new to this, I would like to join the challenge, I believe I am about neck length but I am unsure about how to post pics, and if i could have some help with this whole thing that would be great!:lachen:i hate that im a little confused maybe all the way, but hello to all, and I am so glad to finally be a member..:spinning:

Hiiii... :hiya:welcome!!!! :grouphug3:As you can see, i'm not to far behind you.. I LOVE it here, best money ever spent!!!!!:love3:

grow

:grin:WELCOME DIVASTYLE2010!!!:yep:

:dance7::newbie::band:

if you click on "home" , at the top of the page, it will say "suggestions Q and A" and there you will find a large selection of answers on how to post pictures.

or you can ask one of the more experienced moderators/members by sending a private message.

sorry, i'm no pro on the picture topic and am also still learning how to get my pictures on here!

Happy Hair Journey!!!:grin:

divastyle2010

thank you! i guess i'll learn as things move on!!! i've always visited this site by googling things and i always come to this site and read,so i figured why not pay the money, do challenges and grow some healthy awesome hair!:lachen:thank you!!!!

Last edited:

Barbie83

Sign me up, I'm getting a sew-in next month :grin:

I'll be back with starting pic and regimen closer to end of May

LovelyNaps26

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME DIVASTYLE2010.:band2:

xyra

I definitely would like to join this challenge. I'm currently in two strand twists and will be taking them out more than likely next week or the week after, so I will post a starting pic then. I'm currently shoulder length with my nape at about 7 inches. I still have around 3 inches or so before I reach APL.

I will be changing my regimen once my twists are out. I am currently 10 months into my transition. I will be shampooing weekly with Pantene Relaxed and Natural and will deep condition for 1 hour with plastic caps with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask. I will not be using heat for the remainder of the year and will experiment with braid outs and twist outs as well as buns. I will be applying Boundless Tresses to my scalp every other day. I will also be using Care Free Curl Gold on my hair daily and rebraiding my braid outs every night and tie my hair up with a satin scarf.

I also take multivitamins as well as a hair, skin, and nail vitamin and chlorella. I am forcing my self to stick to a exercise regimen and will start working out at least 3 days a week and having a daily protein drink as well as increasing the amount of water I drink daily. I'm hoping to speed up my growth to at least 0.5" a month since my normal growth rate is around 0.35" - 0.4" a month. I am also hoping to retain all of my growth and reach APL by December.

HHG everyone!:)

Loveygram

Hi Lovelynaps26

Add me too :yep: please!
I know I'm gettin' too old for this :grin: but... oh well here goes.

I'm 5"6" & natural & currently from nape at mbl (stretched) and definitely need a challenge to keep going for it. (Some set backs late last summer)
I'll post pic and info before deadline. Thank you

Blessings and good growing to all !!!

Ruby True

me too me too please. I will post pics after I wash and rollerset my hair on Sun with my reggie ( still tweeking)

latasha_ware71

im in baby!!!:grin: currently im oversesas and the heat is pumping. i cut all my hair off in march and im growing it back. i now have like an in of natural hair. i will post my before and after in sep. i should be home by then. im also joining the deep condish and co wash challenge. cant wait to see the results:yep:

princessdi

I'm up for the challenge, please add me.

My starting pic is in my siggy. I co-wash daily and will be wearing my hair in a bun all through the summer rotating with a wig when I reach 12 weeks post relaxer.

I shampoo my hair weekly with henna soap and deep condition with a mix of Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner and GVP conditioning balm. My co-wash conditioner is V05 Moisture Milks. After every wash I spray my hair with Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Reconstuctor spray and Chi Keratin Mist and seal with Chi Silk Infusion.

When I need a hint of protein, I use Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor or my beloved Aveda DR.

That’s basically it, I’m hoping to retain all my growth this summer.