2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Thiends

I'm in. I have already been protective styling since September, so I will just continue. I want to go back from WL to HL.

JJamiah

I think for all of 2011/2012 I am down for it; I might go on and on and on and on. With starting school last thing I need to think of is my hair :nono:

13StepsAhead

^^ Hey JJ do you buy all of your wigs online or do you know of a BSS in NJ that has a good wig selection? I just hate waiting for packages....

JJamiah

Mr.Kim's in plainfield is cool. I usually purchase mine online :D
Girl that is like a child in a candy store waiting for those packages :)
Sometimes the prices online allow you to get 2:1 or 3:1 ratio compared to in the store value. Here in NJ we don't get no cut's on LF. They stink, charge us big time :(

maxineshaw

Count me in....even though I said I wasn't going to join anymore challenges. :)

Challenges are so addictive:alcoholic

I am not taking starting pics until Dec 31. I will add them to the challenge then.

13StepsAhead

Mr.Kim's in plainfield is cool. I usually purchase mine online :D
Girl that is like a child in a candy store waiting for those packages :)
Sometimes the prices online allow you to get 2:1 or 3:1 ratio compared to in the store value. Here in NJ we don't get no cut's on LF. They stink, charge us big time :(

Thank you JJ!

That is precisely why I hate waiting for packages I count down the days like its christmas:look:, but it may be a better deal with more selection to just go ahead and order online.

brg240

Since the new year and new challenge is about to start, I thought I'd go ahead and share my stash for next year's PSing. Hope you guys like (and pardon the face...no makeup) :perplexedhttp://www.longhaircareforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101409&d=1291694614
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101411&d=1291694623
what are these ones?

You look really great in your wigs. :yep:

So for jan-march(maybe til may) I plan on wearing a wig. I only have one(my first just bought it) but I'm planning on ordering another one. I think i will keep my hair in braids 3 weeks and then let it rest on the 4th. We'll see I don't think I've had braids since 5th grade and that was at most 2. I'll wear it in a bun the rest of the time

this is the wig I have, i think i look a bit goofy in it though, but i guess I'll have to play around with it.

JerriBlank

Ugh! my only downfall during the challenges is taking pics! I am never consistent with taking and posting them.

Janet'

People are going to see the same daggum starting pic for every challenge that I'm in...sick of seeing my back, lol!!!

NikkiQ

Okay let's not get started on my extreme challenge-ism. 11 challenges people...hello! lmao

Ms_CoCo37

you ladies have convinced me even more that hiding my hair can help me acheive my APL goal this year

It really is a great challenge...and it's seems to be the only one I've truly stuck with.

^^You can do it girl :yep: I'm aiming for APL too.

Nik, you'll be there before you know it.:yep:

I hope to achieve my goal as well :) all 3 inches of it :) and trim it too. :) Under this lacefront :D LOL

I'm not stud'n you. All of that gawjus hair on your head. You're pretty much at goal ma'am.

Joining :D I was going to do this until May but what's another month right?

You won't even notice that extra month. The reveal will be here before you know it. :grin:

I think for all of 2011/2012 I am down for it; I might go on and on and on and on. With starting school last thing I need to think of is my hair :nono:

I hear ya on that one!

Count me in....even though I said I wasn't going to join anymore challenges. :)

Challenges are so addictive:alcoholic

I am not taking starting pics until Dec 31. I will add them to the challenge then.

I too am an addict. Last year I joined so many challenges and forgot most of them (see my siggy).:grin:

Ugh! my only downfall during the challenges is taking pics! I am never consistent with taking and posting them.

The great thing about this challenge is that in essence, you only have to post two pix...your starting pic, and your reveal pic. Any other pix are an added bonus.:grin:

Ms_CoCo37

Okay let's not get started on my extreme challenge-ism. 11 challenges people...hello! lmao

Girl, you're making moves with all of these challenges!

I'm going to try my best to limit my challenges in 2011. So far I have this challenge and the WL 2011 challenge...but the new year hasn't even started yet. Knowing me, I'll join more. I'm trying not to though.:spinning:

JJamiah

LOL I am in 3 and that is all. :) Yeah!

How is everyone this morning :)

Here in NJ I am COLD LOL and doing my Laundry because I have to be out the door so far one load done and one in the mix. So :) yay!

Found myself busy this week but hopefully the weekend isn't so hectic :)

KurlyNinja

Hey everybody. I'm looking for more halfwigs that I could blend without using heat. I've been staring down Tammy by Outre for about 2 days now. :lol:

I just want to know if anybody has this wig? And if so how did you blend your hair? Also how long did she hold up for? I'm also not too sure of the length. Do you think it would still look nice if cut up to APL? I know I have a lot of questions. I just want to know about it thoroughly before I spend my good hard earned, half broke, college money on this. :lachen:

Ms_CoCo37

LOL I am in 3 and that is all. :) Yeah!

How is everyone this morning :)

Here in NJ I am COLD LOL and doing my Laundry because I have to be out the door so far one load done and one in the mix. So :) yay!

Found myself busy this week but hopefully the weekend isn't so hectic :)

I see you're busy as ever. :grin:

JJamiah

Hey everybody. I'm looking for more halfwigs that I could blend without using heat. I've been staring down Tammy by Outre for about 2 days now. :lol:

I just want to know if anybody has this wig? And if so how did you blend your hair? Also how long did she hold up for? I'm also not too sure of the length. Do you think it would still look nice if cut up to APL? I know I have a lot of questions. I just want to know about it thoroughly before I spend my good hard earned, half broke, college money on this. :lachen:

That means hit the buy now button LOL

JJamiah

LOL no I did put the buttons on it though, very nice. Humph, call me later :D

Anywho I am hoping and praying but I have to hurry because soon classes start LOL

JJamiah

See you in a bit ladies off to take my men to school (well just the little one the others get dropped at the bus stop LOL)

Janet'

Good Morn All,

I've been off of work under the weather...Hopefully, I'll be back by to normal by Monday! In the meantime, who's been on LHCF more than she cares to admit? *Ding, ding, ding*

I'm trying to steady myself as well as far as challenges are concerned- other than this one, the others are Length related but I'm already in: MBL 2011 (hopefully, I really won't be in this one because I will have met that goal by the end of the year), WL 2011, and don't laugh :look: :look: HL 2011 :look: :look: Don't ask what I was thinking when I joined this one, but hey- I'm going hard for 2011 and if I can even get close (within 2 inches) I'll be happy!!!