Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Day 6 washed on Sunday with tresemme curls shampoo and used their curls conditioner as well. Styled with Camille Rose curl love and curl maker. Sat under dryer for hour and a half (kept getting up finding things to do. I hate setting under there :drunk:). At night just slept with my bonnet on in morning just let shower still work it's majic. image.jpeg

beingofserenity

Finally figured out what the heck I was doing last summer to make my hair curl/coil up. I don't know if some would define this as a wash and go because I worked on mostly dry hair and twirled tiny sections of my hair. It's wearable and I hope it lasts all week...

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-10_14-0-7.png
    upload_2016-4-10_14-0-7.png
    882.2 KB · Views: 162

pattyr5

I haven't been in here for a while. I find it a pain to post now without the app......Anyway, I wanted to share a pic of my hair after using Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Let me way that I have tried this products 5 times before and always hated it. So I don't know what possessed me to try yet again , but this time something clicked. lhcf.jpg

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Is there a Spring or Summer Wash n' Go challenge thread around there's parts? I definitely want to join. I plan to learn to master wash n' go's and the maintenence of them.
No we just keep posting in this thread. Please join us here.
I'll be joining as this is the only way I style my hair. I'll add starting info and a pic between today and tomorrow.

Joigirl

Been a while since I visited this thread. Nice to see its still going strong! Finally found a good way to stretch my curls without destroying the pattern. I've done TOs, braid outs and three-strand twists on my nearly dry WNG to stretch the curls. It's works great and strangely doesn't cause much frizz even when applying a Buttercreme on top of the gel. I can't remember the name of the Youtuber that inspired this epiphany, but I thank her because I'd totally fallen out of love with my wash n gos.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 154

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Regimen (done in sections):
Wash day1: cleanse, DC, condition, air dry
Wash day2: clay wash, leave-in, seal

Products:
Cleanse: DIY sodium bentonite clay, Terressentials Hair Wash, DevaCurl No-Poo Decadence, DIY soap nut shampoo
DC: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair (w/coconut milk and black strap molasses); Tresemme Botanique Nourish and Replenish Mask
Condition: Kinky Curly Knot Today; DevaCurl One Condition Decadence
Seal: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, DIY flax seed gel, DevaCurl Light Defining Gel
Anti-shedding: Green Tea rinse
Treat: Yogurt, banana, black strap molasses, coconut milk mix -- when time allows

Starting pic:

This is 2nd day hair after 2 days of rain. I will be restyling today since my 2 year hair growth anniversary was April 8th. I will be posting that comparison pic as well.

Attachments

• RainyPic.jpg
    RainyPic.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 135

GGsKin

I did a henna treatment on Sunday (with Red Raj and hibiscus). After rinsing (and rinsing) I DC with AOWC and ghee for an hr before rinsing (again) and styling with diluted KCCC and a banana clip.

I've left it to marinade for the past 3 days, baggying at night. Today (Day 4) I clipped the back up in a puff cuff.Instasize_0414075421.jpg

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I could never get a banana clip around my hair. Your hair looks great @AbsyBlvd

Hennasooq used to sell this henna called Dark of the moon. Man it was a really great sift but it was limited. Im going to have to make a bunch of henna melts so I can get my henna on. Kinda hard now with the little one but my hair definitely misses it

ETA Current Wng , day 4 today.

Attachments

• IMG_20160414_29646.jpg
    IMG_20160414_29646.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Amarilles

Does the Puff Cuff not get caught on your hair at all @AbsyBlvd ? I've supported those ladies a few times now (have a Cuff in every single size) but I've stopped using it... my hair gets all over all those teeth and around the screw. I'm still disappointed about no longer using it but eugh, I just can't.

I use the the 7" Goody ones:

They aren't perfect, after the 4th or 5th time I wear them they snap open every so often so I go through them fairly quickly. But I love that they do hold my hair and they open at both joints (no screws) so I can free the hair when they get stuck.

@Amarilles Can you please explain what you mean? Is your hair in 2 strands twists then you unravel and put gel? My hair is very bulky as well.
Ah yeah, exactly that. After washing/detangling I twist the hair (as if for a TO) and once finished I undo each twist and apply gel to each strand. It really controls my volume and makes it easier for the hair to fit in hairties and such, it gets caught on things less, tangles less and looks a little longer. The hair doesn't keep much of the twist shape (it's still drenched) but it does keep more "compact" than it would otherwise.

GGsKin

@Amarilles :yep:Its funny you say that. Upon takedown, I do notice that the puff cuff can cause me a few tangles and snaps around the screw if I'm not stupidly careful- securing every strand in my hand before slowly opening that clasp. I prefer the banana clips and reach for those regularly but the puff cuffs (I've got two juniors) hold my hair with relative ease.

Last edited:

GGsKin

@MeaWea I'm at that collar-rubbing stage. I tend to just leave it, but if I'm feeling extra protective, I'll wear my hair up. I like warmth and in this season, its the only way to avoid rubbing. I'm not giving up my jumpers, coats and scarves just yet.

bluenvy

Day 6 washed on Sunday with tresemme curls shampoo and used their curls conditioner as well. Styled with Camille Rose curl love and curl maker. Sat under dryer for hour and a half (kept getting up finding things to do. I hate setting under there :drunk:). At night just slept with my bonnet on in morning just let shower still work it's majic. View attachment 357043

I see you. Your hair getting longer and thicker!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Day 4, I was going to cowash and bun but by the time I got in the shower all I could do was to run water lightly down my hair and keep it moving.

I cant wait until baby Josiah sleeps at least 5 hours so I dont lose every drop of hair on my head, lol.

Attachments

• 20160420_0843531.jpg
    20160420_0843531.jpg
    739.5 KB · Views: 80