March No Buy Challenge (2017)

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Day 1 done. I went to Meijer (like Walmart only cleaner and more organized) today and they had hair stuff BOGO 50% off...almost bought some of my holy grail detangler but then I remembered that I have at least 4 bottles in my trunk and probably 2-3 in my stash. None of the other items on sale appealed to me. I did notice that they now carry Soultanicals and Oyin Handmade. I'll be honest...if the Oyin goes on sale during this no buy... I'm gonna be using a pass.

CodeRed

This will be a very quick no buy. I need to suspend my hair purchases so that I can save $$$ and use what I have. Between my stash and my daughter's, I'm running out of space.

If you want to join me then:
1. Like this post
2. List your goals
3. Put away your debit card
4. Ignore emails from vendors (temptation)
5. You are allowed 1 emergency pass. Let us know if/when you use it or bank it for the next challenge.

Official start date is March 1st and the challenge ends March 31st.

I forgot to do all this.

1. Finished
2. My goal is to not buy any hair products for the month of March. I'm going to say tools are ok for me just in case.
3. I can put a way my debit card but my credit card is still game :lol: I won't use either for hair products though
4. Ignore emails - that's what I've been doing... working so far
5. I'm going to try not to use an emergency pass for any hair products. I already have what I need

Curls&Justice417

Shopping addictions are real! Before I had kids I had a serious problem. I still struggle from time to time lol. These mini challenges keep me on track.

Oh, I totally understand. I'm the same way. I've curbed the addiction to buy but a few years ago I'd go without paying my cell bill, car insurance, food etc just because shopping felt sooo good. Gave me the same rush that a drug would.:nono: I was in a pretty dark place though, mentally.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Of course, that should be fine as long as you're sneaking in a purchase for yourself :giggle:
We checked out the new boss today and Chloe picked up a box of relaxer like she knew what it was. I'm thinking about trying the Texture Manageability System for her bday next month.

CodeRed

5. I'm going to try not to use an emergency pass for any hair products. I already have what I need

Ok so I used my pass :lol: I went to the grocery store and they had Vatika Naturals Wild Cactus Deep Conditioner Hair Mask on sale for $3.99. I haven't tried it before, online it's more expensive and I didn't know how long the sale was going to last. I sure hope this brand works for me because you get a lot of product for a really good price.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got some eyeshadow today so that I can learn how to do eye makeup. I also got some lip gloss that I didn't need. I have several unopened glosses already...

It wasn't a hair purchase, but I feel bad about it. Confessions of a serial shopper...

Aggie

I'm still holding on today. You know trying to minimalize my life is hard work but I believe if I can rise to the challenge, it will be extremely rewarding.

So I will definitely give it a whirl. No more lipsticks, no more hair products until I put a much greater dent in my current stash. Please ya'll, help me reduce my stash and not grow it any bigger than it is now.

Tonight I used up a bottle of Nioxin Scalp Renew Density Restoration Serum and just cracked open another one. I have 2 other bottles to use up once this one is done. I will not be repurchasing them.