Spinoff: Do YOU Consider Yourself Short, Medium, Long, or Extra Long Haired?

What do YOU consider YOURSELF?

• It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a short haired lady!

Votes: 70 28.0%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a medium haired lady!

Votes: 131 52.4%
  • It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, I am a long haired lady!!!

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • I have extra long hair-Whether I want to admit it or not...

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Other- Please explain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for medium-haired (APL). Before joining LHCF I would've probably said my hair was long, but seeing all the waistlength and beyond hair around here, I have a serious case of hair anorexia. :yep:

I'm BSB but not full BSL, so I'll say medium length. When I get to MBL, I'll consider that the beginning of long hair. Of course, I may change my mind about that when I get there, lol.

I'm finally full APL...I would consider myself to have medium length hair. It's not short but it's not really long either. :/

My hair is hovering around (and a few strands slightly past) shoulder length and I consider my hair short.

I'm definitely short haired... but I'm on my way to being medium then maybe... in a land far far away I'll be long! lol

I feel my hair is short :look: I am between BSL and MBL and I feel at MBL it will be Medium and WL will be long and anything beyond that is extra :D

Until I get to MBL I'll be a medium haired lady. I'm APL right now, but I'm inching closer and closer. I just feel it. By December BSL is mine

my hair is apl but in its natural state it is shoulder length and above so my hair feels short. i think my hair will feel long when i can wear it in a natural style (i.e braid out) and it reaches apl. i think i'd have to be about mbl for that to happen.

I am BSL, getting close to MBL. I think my hair is long. I won't consider it extra long until it is waist length.

My honest answer is my hair feels medium when I'm on the hairboard and long in my everyday real life.

ETA: voted medium on poll

Last edited:
Same here, I always thought of medium length hair as shoulder length, and long hair as APL or longer. Though, of course on LHCF the scale completely changes, lol.

I agree, It might not seem long dependent upon the person and their individual thoughts on hair, but I go with what is traditional. Above shoulder is short, shoulder to above APl is medium. APL,BSL, MBL are long, and anything else is extra long. :grin:

I'm bsl and consider myself medium length. I think long is full mbl to hl and xtra long is hl+.

I consider myself smedium lol. I'm APL. I don't feel my hair is long at all (especially amongst the members here) but I no longer feel that it is too short either. It's smedium to me now.

I'm APL and I consider my hair VERY short even when other people say, "OH! Your hair's so long!" I guess I'm not grateful at all because I started my journey at SL but always desired to start at chin length and I want to get to WL NOOOOOWW. :look:

I have BSL hair and consider myself to be a medium-haired lady. Maybe once I straighten it I'll feel differently but for now that's what it is. For horizontal growth however, I AM rocking a BAA.

can i say something to all my BSB/BSL sisters in the struggle.....?

YALL HAVE LONG HAIR! (SAID IN LOVE)

ok....rant over. :)

I'm grazing tailbone right now ..but I consider that long and not extra long...its just what you view as long..i guess

Back