Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

chebaby

ok im tripping. i forgot i have some oyin whipped pudding. so tonight i will spray my hair with the juices and berries and moisturize with the whipped pudding and see if that has the same moisturizing effects i remember.
i'll leave the afroveda in the refrigerator for when i want to do twists and braid outs.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I've had the cassia gloss in since last night. Plan to do a braidout but plan to sit under the hooded dryer to help the process along. Haven't done that in a minute might as well get some use out of the dryer. I will do the braidout on wet hair so I will use either aloe vera gelly or Qhemet's Honey Bush Tea Gel.

chebaby

hi everyone
today i went to sephora to look for the new carols daughter products but they are "coming soon". the sales lady told me maybe next week since its already on the website.
so instead i purchased the carols daughter healthy hair butter(because i used to love it and also because i have no moisturizers where water is the first ingredient, thats really sad since i know water should come first) and her lock butter(i really think i am going to like this. i never wanted to purchase it because in the store under all those lights its all melted and such and i be thinking "how is this going to hold when its all slushy". but its actually pretty solid away from the lights) the koret amen leave in spray(to replace ojon) and the new rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner. i actually plan on taking these back because peppermint usually makes my hair very frizzy and her original rosemary shampoo stripped my hair a long time ago so i dont know.

but i cant wait to use the hhb and lock butter to twist. i need to put my hair away again lol.

chebaby

im really interested in the HV conditioner thats coming out soon. gosh, Im supposed to be boycotting them!
why are you boycotting HV?

i dont really use her anymore either besides what i already have but after thats gone i wont be ordering again. not because of her or her line, her products just arent staples for me. i did love the whipped gelly though:sad:

i just sold some oyin stuff:clapping: i used my sample of the oyin whipped pudding last night and it just isnt for me anymore. i dont know why one minute a product can be amazing on your hair and then as your hair grows it just stops working.

natura87

I put ALL my stuff together( I am packing to leave school)..and I realized how much stuff I really have.

I dont need to buy anything...for a good long time. It wouldn't fit in a regular sized tote.

fattyfatfat

my emails were never answered and the long *** shipping time. Im working on being patient with the shipping time, but I didnt want to purchase from them due to my emails never being answered. SO actually peer pressured me into buying from them during the sale. He offered to pay for most of the items.

why are you boycotting HV?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies! I hope everyone is having a Blessed evening. I think I may have a Sale for the MaxiGlide.:woot:

And if ya'll ever hear me discussing purchasing a Flat-Iron again I want ya'll to::fishslap:

chebaby

my emails were never answered and the long *** shipping time. Im working on being patient with the shipping time, but I didnt want to purchase from them due to my emails never being answered. SO actually peer pressured me into buying from them during the sale. He offered to pay for most of the items.
i feel the same way about afroveda when it comes to shipping. but you can find her products in a number of other online sites now so that makes up for it. and her jars are so big you dont have to order often.

chebaby

Hey Ladies! I hope everyone is having a Blessed evening. I think I may have a Sale for the MaxiGlide.:woot:

And if ya'll ever hear me discussing purchasing a Flat-Iron again I want ya'll to::fishslap:
i hope the sales go well:yep:
so are you not planning on flat ironing ever, or do you have other flat irons you will use?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
i hope the sales go well:yep:
so are you not planning on flat ironing ever, or do you have other flat irons you will use?

Nah....I know I'm technique challenged...:look: If/when I decide to use 'heat' it'll prolly be a Curling Iron.:ohwell:

I have a Tourmaline/Ceramic One.:yep:

btw: the deal still isn't totally sealed on the mp.:perplexed

Last edited:

chebaby

i dont feel like co washing or doing much of anything to my hair tomorrow so tonight i will spray my hair with water and twist with a mix of afroveda cocolatte and afroveda curl define. i plan on wearing the twists pinned up some kinda way.

BostonMaria

Repost from Skala thread:
IDT was kind enough to send me some Skala. I just used the fruit cocktail mask and also used the avocado conditioner as a leave-in. The mask made my hair feel like silk. I am under the dryer and will post my results in the morning. Thank you Terri!!!

I Know Ya'll prolly really don't care:perplexed....but the MaxiGlide finally SOLD!:lachen:

Why didn't you ever use the Maxiglide? I had one back in 2005. I have a CHI now.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Repost from Skala thread:
IDT was kind enough to send me some Skala. I just used the fruit cocktail mask and also used the avocado conditioner as a leave-in. The mask made my hair feel like silk. I am under the dryer and will post my results in the morning. Thank you Terri!!!

Why didn't you ever use the Maxiglide? I had one back in 2005. I have a CHI now.

Don't know how to successfully manipulate a Flat-Iron. Was too nervous. Especially at my ill-attempt with the FHI Runway I had and ended up returning.:nono:

I'll stick to what I know!:lachen:

You're welcome about the Skala! Rhymes with Dolla':lachen: I don't think it really does but.....:rolleyes:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I got my Mozeke samples yesterday. Ordered on a Saturday and got them on a Wednesday. I like the packaging and the scents.

Ltown

Greyland
Hey ladies, I've been fighting this head cold my head is spinning. Glad to see everyone maintaining and not buying much.

chebaby

i am so pissed. i was to shout and throw things and slap someone. i am pissed. carols daughter will be officially off my list and its all because of one product. her damn rosemary mint shampoo. this thing did not just dry my hair out. oh no.....i would have been lucky if thats all it did. it fused my hair together and my hair was matted like it hadnt been cleaned in forever. i had big dreads all over my head. i wanted to break down crying right there. i had to use an entire tube of aveda dry remedy mixed with kbb deep conditioner just to soften and detangle my hair. i didnt have much time but i spent 40 minutes that i did not have in the shower slowly massaging the conditioner through my hair making sure it got on each strand. then i sat with a plastic cap and rinsed with cool water.
THEN i slathered my hair in curls milkshake and sunshine..
do you know that my hair is still a dry mess? im talking it feels like i havent moisturized in several weeks.

you can not pay me to believe that Lisa Price uses this shampoo or that other rosemary shampoo because that one was a mess back when i was relaxed too. i am so pissed because there is no way anyone uses this shampoo and does not come away tangled.
im not talking about "oh this isnt for me but may work for you". do you understand i dumped a whole tube of a very moisturizing mask on my head? and a half of bottle of kbb conditioner which is very moisturizing.

carols daughter urggggghhhhh, im so ****** pissed right now.
i dont even know what to do to correct this. i mean i might have to sleep with conditioner and oil in my hair tonight because there is no oil what so ever on my hair right now. and i slathered on the sunshine and yall know my hair loves this stuff.

chebaby

AND THEN ONTOP OF THAT YALL KNOW I HAVE COLOR IN MY HAIR SO I GET PARANOID WITH DRYNESS.
i want to slap the **** outta carols daughter:flush:

natura87

I am twisting my hair now with my shea butter & coconut oil mix. I am waiting on my Hairveda (Vatika Frostings) so I bought some CO becuase I was running low. I have been using up stuff and I hope to keep it up.

I am a PJ and I am trying to tone it down.

chebaby

tonight i am going to deep condition with heat for an hour using oyin honey hemp mixed with honey. then i will rinse with cool water, slather on kbb hair milk and then twist my hair with a mix of qhemet heavy cream and qhemet soft hold gel.

JJamiah

i am so pissed. i was to shout and throw things and slap someone. i am pissed. carols daughter will be officially off my list and its all because of one product. her damn rosemary mint shampoo. this thing did not just dry my hair out. oh no.....i would have been lucky if thats all it did. it fused my hair together and my hair was matted like it hadnt been cleaned in forever. i had big dreads all over my head. i wanted to break down crying right there. i had to use an entire tube of aveda dry remedy mixed with kbb deep conditioner just to soften and detangle my hair. i didnt have much time but i spent 40 minutes that i did not have in the shower slowly massaging the conditioner through my hair making sure it got on each strand. then i sat with a plastic cap and rinsed with cool water.
THEN i slathered my hair in curls milkshake and sunshine..
do you know that my hair is still a dry mess? im talking it feels like i havent moisturized in several weeks.

you can not pay me to believe that Lisa Price uses this shampoo or that other rosemary shampoo because that one was a mess back when i was relaxed too. i am so pissed because there is no way anyone uses this shampoo and does not come away tangled.
im not talking about "oh this isnt for me but may work for you". do you understand i dumped a whole tube of a very moisturizing mask on my head? and a half of bottle of kbb conditioner which is very moisturizing.

carols daughter urggggghhhhh, im so ****** pissed right now.
i dont even know what to do to correct this. i mean i might have to sleep with conditioner and oil in my hair tonight because there is no oil what so ever on my hair right now. and i slathered on the sunshine and yall know my hair loves this stuff.

:imsorry::bighug:

Sorry you had to go through this maybe one of the self heating caps and a conditioner for a few hours will help. :(

Day36

Che, Im soo sorry love. That happened to me this week too...a tangled mess, and I dont know how. :bighug: Im sure youll get your hair back on track.

Shay, how's papi? :giggle: