Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Shay72

Natural, 4A
@Shay72 @beautyaddict1913 @Brownie518 @Eisani

I think I have all my Teas & Spritzes for Spring/Summer.

I might pick up 1 more Claudie, & 1 more Shi Naturals.:yep:

All the teas I ordered from Vitacost have shipped. I ran through Sally's so quick I forgot to get spray bottles. I need to do some inventory here though bc I betcha I have all kind of spray bottles I just need to find them.

Still trying to decide what my exact reggie will be come spring. I think I will just do some variations with two buns since 1 is not possible. I just saw a WhoisSuga video and I think I will mimic her style for tomorrow. I've seen some other two bun videos on youtube I may go back and look at. I just saw a Mahogany Curls video too and thinking about possibly using her routine this spring & summer.

beautyaddict1913

I plan to make a tea spritz too. I will be bunning in the summer. I will include black tea, rose water, glycerin, aloe Vera juice, and I gotta figure out how to get some oils into it and I want hibiscus, burdock root, and marshmallow root but I gotta find some lol

natura87

Annoyed with my KBN shipment received today. My order contained one body butter but I ordered two.

They did the same thing to me. I ordered one along with their leave in and gel and they forgot it. They sent my package in a flimsy envelope. I will never by from KBN again.:nono: It took about 3 weeks for the to send me my butter after their mistake, thy really need to gt it together.

Last edited:

Eisani

I plan to make a tea spritz too. I will be bunning in the summer. I will include black tea, rose water, glycerin, aloe Vera juice, and I gotta figure out how to get some oils into it and I want hibiscus, burdock root, and marshmallow root but I gotta find some lol

If you have a health food/organic market near you that isn't a major chain like Whole Paycheck, check them out. I buy everything from a local store by the lb- burdock root, chamomile, hibiscus, rosehips, msm, marshmallow root, lavender, raw honey...I think they think I'm a witch :lol:.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Just ordered my steamer from LCL. So happy I decided to ship to my parents house since they use FedEx now.

natura87

I am on a hair Nobuy but I want to buy b.a.s.k's body products. Just saw a YT video and I am gonna buy the eventually. They look soooo good and all the product I have tried from b.a.s.k have been awesome.

I have Sunday off so I will most likely do my hair.

natura87

The appearance of the KBN Hair and Bodu butter is less than stellar considering what I had to do for them to actually send it to me. Its sorta the color of unrefined shea butter...like a musky brown/beige color. Its whipped perfectly though and it gives my skin a nice shine/sheen that I normally dont get from butters or lotions. I cannot comment on the smell becuase I cant breathe.:look::lachen::lachen::lachen, but I got it in Marvelous Mango. I am going to use it on my skin this week and then try it out on my hair next week to test it out both ways.

chebaby

image-1936111146.jpg

I just figured out how to post pics lol. This is my hair early December when I went to the Dominicans. I flat ironed the ends after this pic cause I just had them blow it out so I wanted to bump the ends.
i also trimed my ends i think twice since then cause my ends were crazy. good thing about natural hair is it hides the raggedy ends:giggle:

Last edited:

chebaby

image-457850704.jpg

This is one of my first successful braid outs. This is early 2011 and I used honey hemp as a leave in. I think I also used shine and define but can't remember.

beautyaddict1913

Smh chebaby your hair is so thick and pretty that it doesn't make any sense!! I don't think I have ever tried hh as a LI. I remember not caring for hh because it seemed to dry my hair with daily use. It smelled so good and felt so refreshing to use tho lol.

ETA: I just saw Che's straight hair pic! Girl you are at WL! *gasps* what's your regimen? Lol. I'm kidding about the regi, I know you ain't bit much got nary regimen lol:lachen:

Last edited:

chebaby

lol thanx beauty. i love honey hemp as a co wash but it wasnt so great as a leave in.

i trimmed my hair since that straight pic so i think i have maybe 2-3 more inches to go to full wl. and i hope when i get there my ends aint raggedy lol.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Great pics chebaby. Beautiful hair. How many years have you been natural? I think you may have said 3. What is the length of your unstretched curly hair? How tall are you? I think we're both shorties. I'm 4'11".

Ltown

Greyland
Good Morning Ladies! I'm on my way home today tired, this is definately a busy town very nice and friendly folks.

chebaby, pretty long hair, can't believe you posted pictures its going to rain in DMV:lachen:

I have to catch up when I get back, been posting from new iphone it is the bomb.com. Darn hotels charge for internet in rooms so I using business center now. I hope I didn't miss any sells!

shay, I get all my teas from vitacost especially horsetail, nettle, burdock they are cheap and shipping always the same no matter how much you get.

Chat later!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Now leaving work after 24 hrs.....and I HAVE to tackle my hair. :perplexed: It hasn't been washed or DC in about 10 days. I don't have a clue as to what products I will use. My eyes are shutting down, I'm seriously sleep deprived. I'm babbling.

Problem is I also have a presentation to start, that is due on Tuesday. :nono:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
chebaby OmmmGEEE Girl, Your hair = *drool* You got alot of Hurr. :grin:

And that was back in 2011?

Oh yeah, that Sweet Buttery Pomade does smell:lick:

About that stash, I was looking at the bottle/jar in the background. SMH.:look:

PJ-ism ain't no joke.:blush:

SimJam

I have nowhere to put the products I just bought.

If i put them in the fridge do I always have to keep them there even when I start using them?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@SimJam

IMO: It depends on what you are refrigerating. The only HV I refrigerate is Sitrinillah.

In my Fridge I have:

Sitrinillah
KBB Hair Masque *probably not necessary, but it cost so durn much to run the risk*
Purabody Hair Smoothie *looks like it could potentially go bad*
Bear Fruit Hair
Marie Dean
Teas (Shi Naturals, Claudie, HTN)*just feel it needs to be refrigerated
Hydratherma Naturals *all of it*
Darcy's Botancials DC'er
BeeMine *precautionary, because I had a molded BM product before*
Camille Rose Algae Masque
Tiiva Coffee & Capuacau DC'er
Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner

All of this is just a precaution on my part.:ohwell:

chebaby

chello ladies:wave:
thanx you guys. im blushing lol.

Shay72, yea im short. im 5 even. ill be natural 3 years come april(or may, i can never remember). unstretched my hair is sl on the sides and about 2 inches longer in the back.

Ltown, i know i cant believe im posting pics. but its so easy to do from my phone now that i have the app.

today imma pre poo with mhc olive you, shampoo with elucense and then follow up with claudie protein. i dont know what imma do after that. i want to do a braid out but i dont know how it will keep up since i work out now.

oh and im working on a stash pic. i need to find somewhere to put the stuff(like a table)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
chebaby

Okay, I got my smellin' salts line-did up, cause I know Imma pass skrait out when I see this crazy stash.:lol:

.............:dighole:

eta: don't forget all them packs of ORS:lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
If you have a health food/organic market near you that isn't a major chain like Whole Paycheck, check them out. I buy everything from a local store by the lb- burdock root, chamomile, hibiscus, rosehips, msm, marshmallow root, lavender, raw honey...I think they think I'm a witch :lol:.

@Eisani

:lachen:You a Mess.

:blush:I was thinkin' the same thing a few minutes ago, when I was brewing this Cauldron of Tea:flyingwit

Lookin' like some kind of root woman.:nono: Lawd this Hurr-Thang is scary.