2011 Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarified in sections, oil rinsed w/ sunflower oil, DC'd w/ ORS Replenishing Conditioner, grapeseed oil on top of that w/heat for 30 min then I put on a scarf over the shower cap and then a towel over that. Kept that on for a few hours and my hair felt super duper soft :yep:

Did a protein treatment with GVP Joico Kpak, then DCed with jasmines avocado and silk conditioner. These 2 are AMAZING!

Eta: I took out my sew-in because it started to pull too tight on my hairline( it was on a net and it was shifting), so I'm back to DCing 2x week.

I don't know if it's too late to join, bun i'd like to join in..

I DC 1/wk alternating moisture and protein.

Kenra MC
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
Joico KPAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
AOGPB

Hey @TeeSGee :wave: You can join at anytime, welcome and Happy DCing :yep:

Thanks @halee_J... today i washed with diluted shampoo, condition with AOGPB for 30 mins on Damp hair..rinse and DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for 1 hr.. applied leave-ins and air dried, then blow roots straight.. will do a braidout or bantu knot on dry hair..

Last edited:
(YESTERDAY) Pre poo with Mustard & Coffee oil,washed with sulfate free poo,Dc with Design Essentials sulfate free moisturizing cond..BF Desert leave-in & a little coconut cream hair-dress towards the ends,lightly sealed with sesame seed & a little JBCO mix on scalp...Hair feels nice,soft & not weighed down......

Happy Hair Growing!

Last night I dc'ed for 25 min. with two caps using S.E. Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Used Komaza's Hair Strengthener followed with Hairveda's Step 2 of Methi Sativa (moisture conditioner). Will be steaming that in a bit.

DCd overnight with Jasmines A&S mixed with Vatika frosting. I must say this was a superb combo and a heavenly sent to boot. I think I finally found my staple DC

DCed today with AE Garlic Condish + HN Moisture Boosting Condish(trying to use up this one, doubtful that I will be repurchasing)

Back home from an exhausting weekend get away visiting family. My hair is in need of some major TLC. I live in Northwest FL where it's HOT but the South Florida sun is HOTT with two t's and parched it. My TLC plans: I will start off by warming some evco and applying it to my hair tonight and letting it sit overnight and all day tomorrow while I enjoy my day off. I will then try out my CON Argan shampoo that I scored while out of town. If I'm motivated, I will use Ion Effective Care treatment for 20 mins (with plastic cap, under the dryer). Then, I will steam my hair for 45 mins. I want to try a new conditioner that's in my stash but my hair needs something that's tried and true to replenish moisture so I will use AE Garlic on ng and Hairveda SitriNillah or Kenra - not sure which at this time - on the length. Just whichever I decide. Both are :lick:. After steaming, I will let my hair cool for 15 mins. Rinse, then air dry.

Ut-oh, hair wash day may be postponed. I have the nerve to feel like I'm coming down with a cold. :look:

I've been a bad girl :cry2: for trying something when I already had a method that worked. Okay I started cowashing more than usual and instead of doing twist, I started doing twist then the next two washes I would wet bun. I did this for about a month. Well my fine hair can't take that. I spent 1hr and a half detangling small knots that formed in my hair. Mine you I kept my hair thoroughly moisturized and sealed.
I didn't see an excessive amount of hair loss and most I think were shed hairs but I'm scared I lost some progress (I'm almost APL). I'm gonna stick to what I know best my hair can not dry wet unless in twist or braids. Lesson learned!!!

I Dc'd last night with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and JBCO.
I guess I'll find out if I did damage my hair next weekend when I get my hair straighten and ends dusted.

Hi Ladies, I dc'ed on Sunday w/ LS Shea butter, mango under the heat cap for an hour and a half (after co-washing with jason's natural organics jojoba conditioner). I sealed my damp hair with jbco and used a bit of grapeseed oil on the perimeter of my hair and let it airdry. Still going well so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back