2011 Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

13StepsAhead

Hey ladies :wave: Since the weather is warming up I decided to put my wig aside and I'm back to bunning. This will allow me to co-wash more often, so I will have to re-asses my need to DC 2x a week, but I will definitely DC at least 1x a week.

13StepsAhead

I'm having a rough day at work so doing my hair always makes me feel better. I will DC under my steamer tonight with AE garlic mask on my scalp and Jasmine's Hibiscus DC on the length of my hair (wild Strawberry). This will be my 1st time using the Hibiscus DC, but I’m sure I will love it.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I will steam with sweet almond oil then do an overnight dc with a moisturizing conditioner. I'm thinking it will be sitrinillah.

13StepsAhead

I'm having a rough day at work so doing my hair always makes me feel better. I will DC under my steamer tonight with AE garlic mask on my scalp and Jasmine's Hibiscus DC on the length of my hair (wild Strawberry). This will be my 1st time using the Hibiscus DC, but I’m sure I will love it.

Ok, So I looove :heart: this DC it's actually better than the avocado and silk (but not by that much). It had AMAZING slip as I was putting it on my dry hair and rinsing it out. I even used a little as a leave-in so we'll see how that feels when my hair dries in the morning. There is one con, that strawberry scent was way too much for me and I love strawberry scents; It smelled good at first,but then it became a bit much for me. Jasmine's is def my staple line for moisturizing DC's.

Brownie518

Its hot as I don't know what out so I'll do my hair late tonight and DC with Claudie's Deep Moisturizing.

TruMe

Did a protein treatment for 30 mins using ORS Hair Mayo and followed up with a moisturizing DC'er for 30 mins using Curl Junkie Daily Hair Conditioner on Monday evening.

I was trying to find a replacement for the ORS Hair Mayo that is more natural. Any suggestions ladies? I only want a light protein as just about all my products that I use contain some type of protein in them anyway. Thanks!

13StepsAhead

TruMe have you tried Aubrey organics GPB? I really like this as an all natural protein conditioner. And you can find it locally (Whole foods or the vitamin shoppe)

TeeSGee

DC for 2 hrs with Queen Helene mixed with oils then cowash with Aussie moist and did wet bun.. hair is still moisturized a day later..

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Just dropping by to say hello. I'm still battling my cold, although it's getting better. I'm just straight up without energy. I MUST pull it together on tomorrow and wash because wow, I'm so so overdue.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
In this heat my hair feels so dried out. I will admit that I havent been up to doing my hair much but I am still making progress. I am doing to try and jump on it these last few weeks before my hair goes bad and before my HYH challenge ends at the end of June.

I am about to clarify, wash with CON, and then do a moisturizing DC no added protein. MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE!!!!!!

Last edited:

naturalagain2

I didn't get my hair straighten this weekend or ends trimmed. I'm doing my hair and my two daughters hair and I need a break. I'm thinking about getting a natural weave for the rest of the summer..............

DC'ing this morning with Shea Butter Cholestorol & Avocado Oil.

Last edited:

SuchaLady

DC'ing with SE Conditioner. My Megasilk is on sale! Im getting like 3! They dont last as long as I want them to. I seriously think I use too much conditioner =/

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
SuchaLady I'm pretty heavy handed myself. I use enough that all of my strands feel coated :yep: No point in skimping on conditioner and end up not getting good results.

Did a light protein with Aphogee 2min, DCing now with ORS replenishing.

SuchaLady

halee_J I am sure to coat my strands as well. But $10 conditioner + college student is like :ohwell: . Lol Im going to try not to use as much next time and see how my hair feels because I seriousy use like globs on sections that arent even huge.

@SuchaLady I'm pretty heavy handed myself. I use enough that all of my strands feel coated :yep: No point in skimping on conditioner and end up not getting good results.

Did a light protein with Aphogee 2min, DCing now with ORS replenishing.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
halee_J I am sure to coat my strands as well. But $10 conditioner + college student is like :ohwell: . Lol Im going to try not to use as much next time and see how my hair feels because I seriousy use like globs on sections that arent even huge.

SuchaLady Say no more, understood :yep: Have you tried ORS replenishing conditioner? Its relatively cheap, there are packs for like $1.50, bottles too I find it works well.

Last edited:

TruMe

DC'ed last night with Curl Junkie Daily Hair Conditioner. Finished the bottle and will not be repurchasing. Going to grab me some more of my beloved Jane Carter conditioner this Wednesday for my mid-week wash but I do need to find a good DC'er.

winona

Dang I have been horrible at updating. I currently have a garlic treatment on my scalp and oiled my hair with Sweet Almond oil. I will sit under my heating cap for 30min before shampooing. I will DC with steam for 1hr on air dried hair

TraciChanel

Hi Ladies,

I dc'ed on Friday w/ ORS Hair Mayo (mixed w/ my last tiny bit of LS Shea butter mango). I left it in overnight and co-washed it out w/ jason's natural's jojoba conditioner.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Steamed with cassia followed by steaming with a souped up Sitrinillah. It had gleau oil and honey added to it. I love this dc and it needs nothing but the additives make it even better.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I finally pulled myself together and wash yesterday after being on hair hiatus. My hair was bone dry leading into the session. I clarified, treated with Ion Effective Care for 20 mins, rinsed, then pulled out my beloved Kenra to ensure I got a good DC. Steamed for 45 mins. Allowed it to sit for another 30ish while working around the house. Soft results every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.