2011 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

Rossy2010

Can anyone answer my question? :( I wanna join...

I really dont know but hope someone will answer for you. Im bumping this for you. However, you can PM OP coz she had mentioned if you have questions and she does not answer on time just send her a PM.
Hope this helps :)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I cowashed today using the HE HH, my hair feels so good.
Cant wait until the nxt session.....

Tomorrow I will be cornrow 6 braids and wear that until my nxt wash & DC at the beginning of nxt week some time. I think imma try to get in a henna session also nxt week.

Rossy2010

Im rocking a side bun today and in buns for the whole months. I wear french braids at night then a wet bun everyday.

princessdi

Oops. I'm just seeing this but I'm in. I've been doing this since Jan. 1.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no "monthly" fast food treat. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

My starting pic is in my photo below.

Lilpaw

Okay Ladies,
I'm reporting the use of my emergency pass for the first session. I went for my touch up on Tuesday and had my stylist cut me back up to BSL so I'm starting from there now. I can't be bothered to take another photo so just picture it now 5 inches shorter than it is in my siggy.

And YES it was an emergency because my ends were struggling :hair:.

Now while begging for forgiveness I will share knowledge of a find that I am in love with.
My new BFF, The Goody Kimberly Claw Clip.

I don't know how to insert a photo so I'm posting a link </title> <link rel="canonical" href="/store/c/goody-kimberly-claw-clip/ID=prod6007687-product" /> <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> </script> <script language="JavaScript" src="http://reviews.walgreens.com/static/2001/bazaarvoiceU

PERFECT for my protective styling.

Hope everyone is growing strong!!!

An_gell

I washed my hair today, and still protective styling by bunning everyday. I cowash every other day to maintain moisture plus I workout alot. I went back to finger detangling, because it reduces shedding and breakage. I still use my tangle teezer and denmen but just use them to slick my hair back into a bun even then my hair is fully detangled by hand prior to using them.

SunySydeofLyfe

I am in a weave this month. Did a quickie for New Years and the braids are already loose not sure if it the daily baggying or the sulfur. Taking this weave out as soon as I get my hands on a mommy wig!!!!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just got done mixing me up a garlic concotion to use on my head Monday or Tuesday. I just used 4 cloves of garlic and and some EVOO, may mix in some EVCO too in a sec. I just have it sitting in a bottle marinating until I am ready to use it. Wish me luck it will be my first time using it, plus im shedding like crazy.

Bouncin&Behavin

HEAT PASS NOTICE: My baby shower is this weekend and I will be getting my hair done Saturday. This is my first and last pass this session!

Qtee

Update...I'm in protective style mode...last week it was buns...this week I'm braided under a wig...I may wig for 2 weeks...

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I will be cowashing tonight using Salon Care Honey & Almond Conditioner from Sally's, while trying to wash out my henna. Tomorrow I will DC after applying my garlic treatment on my scalp....

SunySydeofLyfe

Just got done mixing me up a garlic concotion to use on my head Monday or Tuesday. I just used 4 cloves of garlic and and some EVOO, may mix in some EVCO too in a sec. I just have it sitting in a bottle marinating until I am ready to use it. Wish me luck it will be my first time using it, plus im shedding like crazy.

I have been wanting to try to make my own garlic concoction, let us know if this helps!

JennyKenny

I am also part of the BSL challenge...and I checked in there...will check in here with the same info....:blush: I hope that is ok.

Checking in...decided to try Moptop Maven's Ayurvedic Overnight Pre-poo. I bought the powders FOREVER ago and never tried it. So, will do this pre-poo tonight to see what results I get...I did do a test section at the nape...I'm always worried something will go wrong! I am also trying to break up my shampoo routine. Tonight I took down my twists and will pre-poo, tomorrow shampoo, and the following day twist my hair...hopefully this is easier for me.

Does the pre-poo count as a DC??

Bouncin&Behavin

Congratulations on the baby!! How has your hair been growing, I am preggos also and want alot of hair with this bun in the oven?

Congrats to you too! My hair grew a lot! I went from SL to APL over the course of a year (the last 5 months of which I was pregnant). I don't know if it was from the baby or from not relaxing, but this is the longest my hair has ever been in my life! I haven't measured my hair since November, but I plan to Saturday to see how much it's grown in 2 months.

divastyle2010

hey ladies!!well i have not broken any rules!! I just took down my cornrows for my weekly wash today and I am currently dc'ing under my hooded dryer, and then back in braids after i put my hair in sponge rollers to airdry! I might go back under the dryer for 30 min while in them. Anyway I hope that everyone is doing well! My shedding has cease since i have been doing coffee rinsing also.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
hey ladies!!well i have not broken any rules!! I just took down my cornrows for my weekly wash today and I am currently dc'ing under my hooded dryer, and then back in braids after i put my hair in sponge rollers to airdry! I might go back under the dryer for 30 min while in them. Anyway I hope that everyone is doing well! My shedding has cease since i have been doing coffee rinsing also.
What does the coffee do?

divastyle2010

What does the coffee do?
it reduces shedding, you brew some coffee and let it cool down and you pour it over your hair, i've done it for a month now, and I get like one or two strands of hair when I'm combing, or detangling my hair. Also make sure you don't use instant coffee.

winona

So far ladies the only thing I have had time to do is bun bun bun. I hopefully will get more time the end of this month:)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
it reduces shedding, you brew some coffee and let it cool down and you pour it over your hair, i've done it for a month now, and I get like one or two strands of hair when I'm combing, or detangling my hair. Also make sure you don't use instant coffee.

Can you make a lot and store it in the frig.? I dont make coffe let alone have a machine at home I can get it from work brewed or like Exxon LOL. And you rinse huh?

divastyle2010

Can you make a lot and store it in the frig.? I dont make coffe let alone have a machine at home I can get it from work brewed or like Exxon LOL. And you rinse huh?
I am sorry I am just now getting to your post. I use to be a coffee drinker but I stopped a few months ago, now I make a big pot and put it in the fridge for no longer than a few days because it will loose it's potency and won't be as effective. But after you take it out the fridge let it sit so it can be room temperature.(it also helps with growth):grin: you can get you some cheap coffee also and it works just as good.You can get some from a store brewed just ask if it's instant. and you let it sit for 10 mins or no more than 30 and rinse , do not wash out so you should have washed you hair, dc'ed and etc then coffee and rinse and add your leave in after if that makes sense.:look:

Last edited:

JennyKenny

Used my one and only pass for the first session!! Washed my hair last week and was absolutely feelin' it!! Ha.. I wear my hair in twists ALL the time... And I have been frustrated with the shampoo/detangle process!! But, I absolutely loved my hair last week after doing my ayurvedic treatment and decided to rock my first ever braidout to the museum and beach (yeah it's about 70 here in LA). Have rocked braids and a hat for the entire week now!!

Attachments

• Braidout.jpg
    Braidout.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 19

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am sorry I am just now getting to your post. I use to be a coffee drinker but I stopped a few months ago, now I make a big pot and put it in the fridge for no longer than a few days because it will loose it's potency and won't be as effective. But after you take it out the fridge let it sit so it can be room temperature.(it also helps with growth):grin: you can get you some cheap coffee also and it works just as good.You can get some from a store brewed just ask if it's instant. and you let it sit for 10 mins or no more than 30 and rinse , do not wash out so you should have washed you hair, dc'ed and etc then coffee and rinse and add your leave in after if that makes sense.:look:

Ok well I guess I will stop and get me some coffee tomorrow :lick:
I cowashed today using HE HH, I am almost done with that bottle.

Last edited: