Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Gave away KCCC and KCKT, and SSI Peach Moisture Conditioner.

Not on a no buy, but looking forward to APB opening and intrigued to try MHC. Or Siamese twist. I need a good butter. Any suggestions would greatly help

MHC Type 4 Hair Creme
Siamese Twists Sweet Potatoe Hair Creme
Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp Butter
MHC Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease (if you're not opposed to grease-like products)
APB Whipped Cupuacu Butter

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@Saludable84 I feel you. Shipping cost can be annoying. I would say to try MHC Type 4 Hair Creme first just because I remember you mentioning you having issues with Shea Butter at times IIRC. MHC doesn't contain Shea butter in it. It has other butters and oil, including raw honey so maybe that might work for your hair.

The Siamese Twist Sweet Potato Pie has glycerine and aloe in it. I believe you can make a custom order just in case but it's been a while since I've purchased from her. Both ingredients are hit or miss for my hair depending on where it falls on the ingredient list.

ETA- The Bel Nouvo Mouisture Quench Butter in the Sweet Potato Pie scent is great as well.

KCKT Didn't leave much mouisture in my hair. At first it felt good, but the next day my hair didn't feel as great.

@Aggie :lachen:Yeah Girl, I know how that is. I've been fighting my urge to buy... but sometimes when I see a sale I'm like :abducted:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I like MHC Buttery Soy & I have Type 4 (haven't tried it yet) but it gets great reviews.

Would also like to try Type 3 at some point.

I also have Bekura's Tapioca to try this Fall/Winter.

I like just about all of the Siamese Twists Butters & Creams. All of the ones I've tried are goodt.

I'd also look into Qhemet Biologics as well if I was looking.

Aggie

@Saludable84 I feel you. Shipping cost can be annoying. I would say to try MHC Type 4 Hair Creme first just because I remember you mentioning you having issues with Shea Butter at times IIRC. MHC doesn't contain Shea butter in it. It has other butters and oil, including raw honey so maybe that might work for your hair.

The Siamese Twist Sweet Potato Pie has glycerine and aloe in it. I believe you can make a custom order just in case but it's been a while since I've purchased from her. Both ingredients are hit or miss for my hair depending on where it falls on the ingredient list.

ETA- The Bel Nouvo Mouisture Quench Butter in the Sweet Potato Pie scent is great as well.

KCKT Didn't leave much mouisture in my hair. At first it felt good, but the next day my hair didn't feel as great.

@Aggie :lachen:Yeah Girl, I know how that is. I've been fighting my urge to buy... but sometimes when I see a sale I'm like :abducted:
@flyygirlll2

I know right? I just went on Sarenzo's site and created an account AND put some stuff in a wish list :nono: it's so sad. I have to work harder on saying no to new purchases for a few months and mean it.

I'll see how this goes :look:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
So I looked at MHC and ST. I'm stuck. I would prefer MHC and she is offering free shipping. I liked the Soy Butter and the Type 4 hair cream. I ain't messing with the type 3, type 4 seems more special :look:

I put two items in my cart for ST. The Pumpkin Coconut Hairdress and Ayurvedic Hair Cream. A little less but shipping. I feel like I could go either way. Her sizes are also iffy for me but J think these are 8-10oz jars.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
So I looked at MHC and ST. I'm stuck. I would prefer MHC and she is offering free shipping. I liked the Soy Butter and the Type 4 hair cream. I ain't messing with the type 3, type 4 seems more special :look:

I put two items in my cart for ST. The Pumpkin Coconut Hairdress and Ayurvedic Hair Cream. A little less but shipping. I feel like I could go either way. Her sizes are also iffy for me but J think these are 8-10oz jars.

i loveeeee the Type 3 cream though. That type 4 is tooo heavy for me. The Soy Butter and Type 3 are BAE!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I take your recommendations seriously, but I need that tumeric in my life!!!!! I saw that and some other oils I can't pronounce and I'm intrigued.

LOLOLOL, Its a good sealer but I couldnt take the weighed down feeling. The Type 3 is creamy and just yummyyyy. So is the Soy!

I havent revisited MHC since she took 4 oz sizes off the website though. Only during Black Friday will, I see. Her DC's are heavenly with steam.

curlyhersheygirl

@IDareT'sHair
I used the Apalus brush on Bella's hair yesterday. Although it didn't make her hair as straight as the flat iron would, it took way less time to do her hair.

I stretched and air dried her hair with curlformers first. Then used to brush to straighten. It took about 30 mins to do her entire head. When I flat iron her hair it normally takes well over an hour. Most times I have to keep turning the flat iron back on.
Needless to say she loves the shorter time and doesn't mind that her hair isn't bone straight. I used it on 320F

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@curlyhersheygirl

Decided to DC with Banana Brule today.

I really wanted to hold on to it since it's temporarily discontinued, but I just need to go on & use it since it's open and just use it up.

I heard back from SSI (again) and they are having problems getting a certain ingredient from the manufacturer and said they don't want to have to reformulate it, so that's why they are keeping it on temporarily "Discontinued" status.

Last edited:

curlyhersheygirl

@curlyherheygirl
Interesting. I know my first and only time using it was a Big FAIL. :lol:

I was looking for some 'tips' how to get sleeker results for when I get around to trying it again.
@IDareT'sHair
I think you'll get better results if you stretch the hair first. Next time I'll put her under the dryer with the curlformers instead of air drying. I didn't want to blow dry her hair because I wasn't sure how much heat the brush emitted.

When you tried it did you roller set or anything beforehand?