Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2011 (Part 4)

prettybyrd

I decided to Dc under a plastic cap and scarf while I worked out. This was a great idea! I was a self powered steamer. :)

I decided to try Darcey's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask - loved it!! I followed up with fresh cream and some plaits to stretch for french braids tomorrow.

13roots

Please add me to the challenge! I was lurking on previous challenge and currently DC 1 x week on average. Plus I've got a steamer now :)

Sent from my Nexus S

mEmYSELFaNDj

I'm still in! Dcing twice a week once using Aubrey organics GPB and the other time with Aubrey organics hsr. Once under a hooded dryer and once under my steamer.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Hair, I, want you to grooooooooooooooow oh!
Ya got me steamin'... (steameeeeen, steameeeeeeen, steeeeeeeeamen!)

Sing to the tune of Jodeci: Feenin'.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i am just LOVING Joico moisture recovery Balm! it puts all of my other DCs to SHAME

i tried to dc with praitial silk worm last week and i felt like i needed to dc again with my moisture balm because the praital left my relaxed hair feeling crispy after i rinsed it out!

i dont think i can go back to mineral oil laden DCs after i have had joico:nono:

the praitial left my hair very straight after rinsing though so i will probally use it when i get deeper into my stretch

choctaw

I made a henna paste of VP Chawla, catnip tea, neem and sunflower oil. Easy washout with water and no dryness. Oil rinsed using maka infused sesame oil. Applied argan oil to edges, ends, crown and braided to dry. My celie braid is growing :lick:

KhandiB

I DC’d this weekend with Silicon Mix .. Its my favorite now, Im never leaving, nothing treats my hair better <3

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Welcome to all of the new ladies :) I think the mentions may not be working for some, but I have added everyone up to this point :yep:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm DC'ing now after messing up somehow on my last 'Big Wash' :nono: DC'ing now with Aloe Gel, AO WC, hemp/wgo and avocado oil hoping to recover my tresses!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@halee_J I think I over did the protein..I used (rosewater with SAA (protein), AO Island naturals (almond protein) AND Biolage cera repair (more protein)....not only did I steam them in, I then put on a shower cap and a hat and went out:nono: The cera repair was the only odd ball part of the concoction....my hair doesn't have the silkiness it normally does.
The lesson here (for all) is to Post in the DDDC thread my plan for my DC so that hopefully written down I can identify where I might go wrong:yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Nix08 - I journal my hair efforts to look back over what works and what didn't work so as to not make the mistake again. Let's just say I have a "what didn't work" entry for this month.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@Nix08 - I journal my hair efforts to look back over what works and what didn't work so as to not make the mistake again. Let's just say I have a "what didn't work" entry for this month.

That's the thing... I use to journal but once I got more active posting I don't write much in my journal anymore:nono: I ought to get back to that:yep:

divachyk

DCing with steam on tomorrow with a previously used product. I'm too close to TU time to be trying something new. My options are: Jasmine's A&S, Bee Mine DC, HV SitriNillah or Kenra. Just used Kenra this past wash so I might use Jasmine's. I will prep my hair tonight for tomorrow's wash.

divachyk

That's the thing... I use to journal but once I got more active posting I don't write much in my journal anymore:nono: I ought to get back to that:yep:
Nix08 - I journal daily during certain periods but I always journal my wash day process, especially when trying new product(s). It's easier for me to reference my journal vs. having to search my postings.

Seamonster

Nix08 do you have ao hsr? Think wc has a little protein. I used to get protein overload a lot til I learned which conditioners were ultra moisture.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Seamonster Are you serious???? If AO WC has protein I'm in trouble...I do have HSR. If when I wash it's still hard I guess it'll be HSR for like 24 hrs:ohwell:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Ok, all is well again:yep: As I was co washing my hair...I realized that although it was a lot of protein I think I know what the main culprit was my clarifying shampoo or lack thereof of a REALLY good moisturizing shampoo. So until my shampoo is done (check out the restraint) I'm going to clarify, do a moisturizing shampoo then almost co wash...so, use the products I would use if I were co washing, after. Or maybe it was also the conditioner that I used (it's very light/weak...too light/weak) I knew those were not re-purchases anyway but I'll be very good and use them up before I try something different!

nerdography

I'm going to join since I had a bad habit of never DC. I DC for the first time in a couple years since I recently relaxed. I'm going to be using Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque.

I'm going to DC overnight starting Friday when I get home from work.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
halee_J
You can add me. I deep condition every week. Trying to get rid of this l'anza conditioner and i think I'm going to try joico or some other stuff. The pj in me will be out later when i go to ricky's later. Oh joy oh rapture :lachen:

nicole625

Please add me!! My hair needs this. I just have to find a good conditioner again because kenra isn't doing it for my hair anymore :(

faithVA

Please add me halee_J. With this cool weather I can feel it sucking the moisture out of everything. Not sure what I am going to DC with yet but I will get it together by the weekend.

YoursTrulyRE

I'm in. I have been DC once a week but now that its starting to get cool I'm back to twice a week. I will DC tonight with Claudie Deep Moisturizing Condish.