Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2011 (Part 4)

ylinspired

DC"d over night with Natures"s Care Aloe Vera moisturizing/hydrant mixed it up with aloe Vera gel from Whole Food. Following that a 2 hr hot oil treatment with coconut oil, grapeseed, and evoo.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I did a protein DC on dry hair with AOGPB, then after I shampooed with SD GoMoist, I did a moisture DC with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab in the coconut scent :lick:

AyannaDivine

Checking in:
DCd with grapeseed oil overnight on sunday. My hair was in need of a very deep cleansing, so i shampooed with Cream of Nature instead of my usual black soap. Detangled with Suave almond & shea and put my hair into about 12 huge tst...rinsed out 30 min later.

That dang Suave had my scalp itching like a ****! I've been using it for conditioning and detangling for about a year, but my scalp can't handle the chemicals in it anymore. This makes me sad cuz suave is super affordable unlike all the *natural* conditioners out there :(

TeeSGee

Checking In: Pre-poo with EVCO overnight; washed with Moisturizing poo, then DC for 2hrs with Kenra MC, rinse applied It's a 10 Leave-in and Argan oil, and did a ponytail rollerset with chi applied to ends b4 rolling.

SkySurfer

DC'd with a mix of ORS Replenishing Conditioner, EVOO, and Alberto Balsam Mandarin Conditioner..hair feels great, my braid-out is very defined and soft :)

OsnapCnapp!

DC'ing tomorrow morning with my little mix:

-full-fat greek yogurt+suave professional almond & shea conditioner+ 4-5 small cap fulls of roux porosity control+jojoba oil+coconut oil+black castor oil

Meemee6223

CW'ed yesterday and DC'ed over night with ors replenishing conditioner. Had super soft and manageable hair in the am.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

kupenda

DCing with Aussie 3 min for 30 minutes under the dryer and 5 minutes on cool after. My hair has made a serious serious turnaround since learning what DCers work best for me. I love this thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Loves Harmony

Dc over night with jessicurl weekly deep conditioner. The yarn braids had my hair so dry.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SCH-I500

OsnapCnapp!

@OsnapCnapp! That's quite a DC cocktail, let us know how it turned out :yep:

I sure will! Yesterday I pre-poo'd with aloe vera gel, olive oil, a little argan oil, and about 3-4 tablespoons of egg white (the all whites brand), and cantu shea butter gro strong treatment (as a rinse out). Just trying to get my protein because my hair loves it and I haven't done anything in the way of protein in a little while. I shampooed with Bioinfusion olive oil shampoo because Im just trying to use up my stash but it made my hair so freaking soft! It dried soft, now Im scared lol. I hope the DC goes well I plan to do it for about 2 hours so I will come back and post how it turns out! :grin:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I will DC either tomorrow or Sunday. It will be my first time using a applicator brush to apply the DC to the root area. I'm freshly TUd and can likely get away without using the brush but I want to practice for when 1) I'm deep into a stretch and need ng attention and 2) for whenever I return to self-relaxing (which will be no time soon).

JeterCrazed

I'm so bad at updates.
DC'd in dry hair with AO white camellia after baggying overnight with White Camellia oil.
I'm going back to JBCO for baggying. WC oil didn't do a good job.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Im dcing with a mix of praital silk worm cream and joico moisture balm. I hope it ends up well!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Finally I can get back to dc-ing. Kinky twists makes very lazy girl. So I will be dc-ing alot til my next install.

Right now - DC w/ SD Shea What, gonna layer it with SD Destination Hydration and some Nourish on top in a few - under my bonnet dryer.

Hopefully I'll break out my steamer for the next DC.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'll be dc'ing overnight with Qhemet's Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. :grin:

This is my first time using it and I'm so excited. Can't wait to take off this bag tomorrow and feel my hair! :yay:

fiyahwerks

Overnight - Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner

This is my first time using this. Man, it smells like that double bubble bubblegum candy. I used to inhale those when I was a youngin' ...lol

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Im dcing with a mix of praital silk worm cream and joico moisture balm. I hope it ends up well!

it was whacksauce!. when i rinsed i had no slip and my hair didnt feel that moisturized:nono: the joico has been letting me down since last week and i think the priaital just has too much protien to be a moisture dc. its just not working out.:nono: im going to be trying thelasta qp soy oyl treatment to see if i can get a nice moisturizing dc that stretches out my texlaxed hair while giving me moisture slip and shine. is that too much to ask for!?

also i need to use a reconstructor weekly. the weks that i only do moisture dcs i noticed i have tons of breakage when im setting my hair

sworsham

I want to join the challenge! I DC'd overnight Thursday with Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner.

xu93texas

Hi, I haven't checked in a while. My son is almost 4 months old and the shedding is in full effect. Today, I used Aphogee 2 min. recon. and dc with Keracare Humecto and ORS replen. pk with no heat. I'm thinking about purchasing Alter Ego garlic conditioner.

OsnapCnapp!

halee_J Ok so im late. My DC was supposed to be 2 hours and wound up being overnight because I messed up my showerhead! Well as I was rinsing it out my hair felt soft but it felt stronger. I looked down in my hair catcher and there was very very little hair. Very little, and that made me happy. As it dried, which doesn't take long, it was soft but not as soft as the day before but it had the strength.

I like this mix and will do it again the week after next but this time leave out the coconut oil. I may add argan oil and a little aloe, not sure. But the mix is good but coconut oil.....I think Im finally done with it, lol. No negative effects but my hair could have been softer. But my pre-poo was the bomb, lol. Definitely doing that again but this time shampooing with AO HSR. Next week is moisture week but I don't know if I will even do it because I HATE doing my hair the weekend before an exam and during the week is out of the question. Not sure what Im going to do!!!!

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Trying out Qhemet's MTCG tonight. :grin:

CTDG was a hit, so we'll see how this does. I didn't think I'd like the smell because someone mentioned lavender and I despise floral scents :barf: but oddly enough, I kind of like the smell of it. Weird.